Please review- offer suggestions-www.mymyrtlebeachresort.com

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
tmoschner

Please review- offer suggestions-www.mymyrtlebeachresort.com

Post by tmoschner »

www. mymyrtlebeachresort.com We have owned at this location for over 9 years and just this past year picked up 5 more condos at a great price. We now have 6 condos to offer and designed mymyrtlebeachresort.com to give us more exposure to this location(we also have Florida locations, you can see those at beachloverscondo.com).

I would love to get feedback on content, structure, flow and any other ideas that you may have for www.mymyrtlebeachresort.com.

THANKS!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Wow, 6 condos! That must be a nice business. And in the US, too... so none of the strange issues we go through running a rental in France. :)

I'm just going to write down comments as I go through the site, so these may or may not be ordered in a useful way:

Reservation phone number on the front page - excellent! And it's right at the top, too, fantastic.

Your links to each property are descriptive and unique -- great. It's so nice to have the BR/BA information for each condo up front.

The front page feels a little crowded, though -- I feel like the amenities you have bullet-listed (good idea on the bullet list instead of putting it all into one paragraph) might actually be better on the "Resort" page. For example, the client probably only needs to know that they can play sports, use the gym and the spa, and have a place for their kids to play on the front page (if they need that info at all on the front page). It's not necessary to go into such detail as how many tennis courts there are and whether they're lighted/require reservations. Since the main points are in the paragraph right before the list, you might just move the whole list into the "Resort" page, and that could give you more space to make your picture bigger and/or add another (interior best-shot) picture to the front page.

I would make the red text on the front page a little darker, maybe color code #CC0000 or something.

Great job on the resort layout plan! Maybe you could also mark on it where your condos are.

Love all the photos on the resort page. Are they optimized for size? I didn't check.

Some of the photos on the individual condo pages are fuzzy/too small, and others could definitely be reduced in size. I'd recommend something like 250 pixels as the max dimension (height or width, whichever is bigger) for each of these images. Some of them are 900 pixels long, which takes way too long to load on most people's connections. They may be displayed as tiny thumbnails, but the browser still has to load the full image. I recommend resizing and optimizing all your photos.

Excellent map and FAQ/info pages.

Also, nice choice of colors! The yellow is bright and sunny but it doesn't hurt my eyes when I'm trying to read the text.

Hope that helps!
Brooke
tmoschner

Post by tmoschner »

THANKS FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK! :D
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Hello and well done on your condos. They look lovely.

I agree with Brooke's comments above - particularly with regard to the photos. I suspect they don't do your properties justice! I also like your use of words, but you could maybe include a few more "you's", eg "your family will love ...." rather than the more neutral "... which will appeal to families".

Two comments from an English perspective:

1. Your condos all have numbers which is presumably relevant in terms of the resort. For marketing purposes, would it be better to give them all individual names? I think I would rather book (for argument's sake) Rosie's Villa rather than Condo 1AF :D .

2. There is a lot of reference to gates and security. Is this a selling point for your market? I'm only asking as to me it could be a bit off-putting and conjure up images of crimes and attacks on holiday-makers.

Hope the above is helpful and that you have a great 2005 season.

Christine
www.stybarrowcottage.co.uk
tmoschner

Thanks a bunch

Post by tmoschner »

Great feeback. With regards to the gated property concept. Most folks realize that our property is not just a condominium building, but a resort property- with loads of amenities, lazy river, etc.

The property has to ensure NON GUESTS do not access the amenities, hence the security. This is a big issue for the guests as we want to make sure only paying guests are on the resort.

Hope that helps!

Todd
tmoschner

Several Changes made

Post by tmoschner »

We just sold 2 units, now have only 4 on the property- I made a few changes..... let me know what you think!