More Spam.......

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Big Sis..

More Spam.......

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All,

Just got this What a cheek.

To reply, please use your 'reply' button or send an email to mailto:bjarni.siguxxxxxxxxxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Bjarni
Telephone: 663xxxxxxxx
Email: bjarni.sigurxxxxxxxxxxx
No of Adults:
No of Children:
My name is Mr Bjarni Sigurdsson and I am icelandic living here in the Torrevieja area. Last weeks many of my friends and family members from Iceland have been calling me or sending me an e-mail and asking me if I could help them to arrange apartment or villa to rent for short term of period for holiday. I have an icelandic website that many icelanders visit each day so I thougth I should have there some infomation about good houses or apartments wich are possible for icelanders to rent. The icelandic market for renting summer holidays home are rapidly increasing here in Spain. Do you approve if I put on my website information about your 2 villas in Torrevieja ?? (I want to translate the description from the www.ownersdirect.co.uk wesite). I will also put the prises for weekly rents in icelandic currency. I will add an small commission to myself on your asking prise so if someone wants to rent I will then send you an e-mail and book the property and I will pay you the rent and

Please remember to keep your availability calendar up to date.
Thank you for using http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk.
==============================================================
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I think more naiive than cheeky.

He does have difficulty with the English language, but I think he is actually asking for your approval, and making a suggestion that he advertises at your rates PLUS his commission, and no suggestion of you paying. So what do you have to lose, I wonder ?

Unless, I am the naiive one, and its really a scam.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Richard,
No i dont think its a scam even though the language is dodgy...Its SPAM where they contact you to sell you something.
In this case hes found my anvert on Owners Direct answered it as if hes a customer and then tried to get me to join his website where he can charge me commission...... :evil:
marcus

Post by marcus »

I think it's a pretty shrewd idea...