Cleaning windows

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Thanks Enid, will try and get OH to do that bit - well all of it would suit me actually!! Don't mind doing the odd one but 27 windows that breaks down into 49 panes of glass!!

Anyone fancy a weekend in Brittany? Free board and lodging?? :lol:

Kathy
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Dingler?? New one on me
:?

And me Kathy
Maybe shes got the all singing & Dancing Super Model with bells on :wink: :lol:

Deb aint this Forum great .....a few minutes ago were on another thread talking about legal technicalities, thanks to Joanna and now were onto cleaning windows [and giving it just as much importance]

I think thats what makes this forum so special[to me anyway]...and the people on here natch.... :wink: :D
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Youngest son does mine, always perfect.
enid

Post by enid »

[quote]27 windows that breaks down into 49 panes of glass!!
[/quote
I love windows with smaller squares in them - we had them here - but when we replaced with double glazing we went for just one pane of glass as cleaning all those little squares was tedious - I want to stay here forever so all our work involves thinking of ease of maintenance for those zimmer frame days. :D
garlic

Post by garlic »

Dingler: whoops :oops: sorry let family language out into the general world, normally try to only use words from known languages. Let me explain, a dingler is similar but not quite the same as a fertler although sometimes we can have something that can be both a dingler or a fertler but not normally at the same time. However there are always exceptions to these rules because as we all know rules are for breaking :) whoops I mean rules are to ensure the smooth running of society. I hope this clarifies everything :)

And just to keep on topic I have 41 of the small panes in this house and 21 in the little house. :)
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

garlic wrote: I hope this clarifies everything :) :)
:? They're great words Garlic, and thank you! We now understand what a dingler is, but as for the fertler, can we please have a more detailed description of how the two items differ, and more importantly, how a dingler can sometimes be converted to a fertler... This could be critical to the future of mankind.

Is there an accompanying verb for these two nouns - eg can a window be dingled or fertled? An adverb - fertably, dinglably? Adjective - dinglable, fertable? :D

Returning to topic - well we never left it really - I have a difficulty with ladders, for obvious reasons, so when a window is under-dingled, or underfertled, or both, I prefer to employ a professional dinglist or fertlist.
Last edited by Giddy Goat on Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

hint: do it really badly and hubby will take over
Yeah, I fell for that one too :cry:

Robert
garlic

Post by garlic »

Now are we all sitting nicely? It's not so much that a dingler becomes a fertler more that it can be both a dingler and a fertler at the same time, this is quite rare but for example a hammer could be both dingler and fertler but, in the case of the window dingler it could only ever be a dingler. One could fertle a window with a dingler but never dingalise anything with a fertler. Further, some people just drove past my window on fertlers but you cannot ride a dingler. By the same token one could find a fertler in a dingler but you could never find a dingler in a fertler (that's just not possible). Fertlers aren't as common as dinglers although they are on the increase.

I really am trying to stay on topic :)
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

How many mls of Fairy Liquid to how many litres of water. And what colour? Green?

Gascony, hi

I would say 4 pin heads of Fairy to each litre. Colour? Well, here en suisse we're quite fortunate and enjoy transparent water. Do you have to use well-water or something across there? :lol:

MG
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

garlic wrote: Fertlers aren't as common as dinglers although they are on the increase.
Garlic - does this phenomenon come under the description of self-fertlerisation? And is any cross-fertlerisation possible?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be