Reciprocal links - do they work?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Le Facteur

Reciprocal links - do they work?

Post by Le Facteur »

I'm revamping my site in the hope of making it super visible to search engines and punters.

Rumour has it reciprocal links can help generate traffic or increase search engine rankings...or something like that.

Does anyone have any experience in this field that they would like to share?
A-two

Post by A-two »

Wow, this is very different. Welcome to LMH. Fantastic website, wonderful design, superb photos, looks gorgeous, very original, I'm impressed! Found a couple of glitches while browsing that you may already know about, but in case you missed them.

- Owner page - image is constantly loading but doesn't resolve.
- The link to the PDF on that page is broken.

Also, all the world can see your personal bank account details. I think that's very risky and not needed.

For answers to your linking and SEO questions, you're more likely to find the answer in the Workshop section, not here in Bookings, so I would browse that section and try searching for relevant words & terms in the archive. There's lots of helpful information here, if I find any SEO threads, I'll add below.

Edited: Here's one that may be of interest, with suggested SEO forum called highrankings (which is also in Bookings, so much for the above theory... :roll: ).

viewtopic.php?t=2250
Le Facteur

LINKS

Post by Le Facteur »

Thanks for your kind words. I'm a beginner at all this so appreciate the pointers.

I'll take a look at the glitches and add them to the list of things to do in addition to getting an HTML gateway...

Merci and Happy Thanksgiving.

P.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Hi - welcome, Le Facteur! I'm disappointed by Joanna's post, because I just get the home page on Firefox, IE and Safari... :( The home page is super though...
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
A-two

Post by A-two »

GG,
Not the hyperlink below the signature, click the www.... :)
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Thanks J - too early in the morning here, and I just assumed the website links would be the same...

Le Facteur - it is a super property, and the website is fantastic - I'm in awe! Prize-winning is a word that springs to mind, as the animation is charming, and love the witty use of Franglais. And you say you're a beginner???
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi - welcome, Le Facteur! I'm disappointed by Joanna's post, because I just get the home page on Firefox, IE and Safari... The home page is super though...
|And me Gasc but i didnt want to say is it just me...as it usually is...does look great though[what I can see]

The point is though would other people have the same trouble and so wouldnt bother to go any further...... :wink:

ps still cant get it up... :wink: :cry:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

I don’t understand this, at all.

I have viewed the site using IE7, Firefox and Netscape and, apart from what Joanna found, it worked perfectly in all three.

BTW, it isn’t the brownandhudson link, it’s the “www� link to ancienneposte.com.

My reaction is to say �it is superb�. I’m not talking about the property, which obviously is. I’m not talking about the area, which I know is. I’m talking about the Web Site itself. If this guy is a beginner the establishment had better look out.

It is attractive, clear, clean, informative and quick and easy to navigate but above all it has one of the most innovative designs I have seen in a long time.

The saying is “don’t re-invent the wheel� but I think this particular personal Web Site suggests that one should at least think about doing so.

One could say I am impressed - one would be correct in doing so.

Ros,
ps still cant get it up...
Perhaps you should read some of your spam e-mails a bit more closely – they claim to have the answer to your problem.

Fluffy
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Perhaps you should read some of your spam e-mails a bit more closely – they claim to have the answer to your problem
Hi Alan
Perhaps you should read your biology books a bit more closely... :wink: :lol:
Im a woman and this problem doesnt happen to us its men who need that sort of help[though I know by my photo it isnt toooo clear] 8)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

wow, IT'S fab!!!! :D :D
Topcat

Le facteur

Post by Topcat »

What an amazing site! But I don't understand why you give us two different links. And by the way, on the Brown and Hudson site you need to spell travelling with 2 lls, not one.

But I was gobsmacked by your main site. It's just beautiful, clever, fascinating.......................WOW!

If I have a little carp with it, then it's because i think navigation could be simpler. You don't always see what you want to know until you've clicked on another link.

But, you didn't ask that, so I'll be quiet. Great looking site. And I wish I could afford to come and stay! The property looks quite stunning as well.
Regards,
Pauline
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Giddy Goat

Re: Le facteur

Post by Giddy Goat »

Pauliner wrote:And by the way, on the Brown and Hudson site you need to spell travelling with 2 lls, not one.

North Am spelling I suspect Pauline. They do some funny things with the English language ... :D
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

I have to echo previous comments about the site, it's really great, layout is nice, the whole thing is very innovative. I think GG is spot on with her "prize winning" comment.

However, considering your stated aim is to make "it super visible to search engines and punters", I have a few reservations. My understanding is that the search engines are not overkeen on sites that are Flash-heavy, certainly you are not giving them a huge amount of text to index so it may be a little counter productive. Perhaps one of our gurus could confirm whether I am right or not?
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Ros,

Of course you’re quite right but I was only kidding anyway.

Fluffy
roxytoo

new site

Post by roxytoo »

Ros I can't get it up either........... :oops: