Missing my gite !

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
apple

Missing my gite !

Post by apple »

Hi everyone. For the last 6 years i have managed our own gite and enjoyed the experience very much.
However, having just sold our property finding it difficult to come to terms with! I still think of it as 'my gite' and it feels very odd that i am not trying to get bookings for it. I have no idea how i will feel next summer as i only live afew kms away.
Has anyone else missed their gite. :?:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Apple,
I have been thinking a little about selling for a while (parents getting over 70 in the UK, OH working in the UK) but when I actually had someone interested in buying (just on the off chance) and thought seriously about giving up the business, I couldn't give it up (yet!) so I understand how you feel. It was your baby and it will be difficult to see someone else with it, especially as you are living so close! Just try and think about the other side of things, the hard work on changeover days, the lack of privacy when guests are staying, the unexpected things going wrong....
I do hope that you are recovered now, I hadn't realised that you were undergoing chemo.
apple

Post by apple »

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it was my baby and it does feel very odd. I have told the new owner that i will do all i can to help (if she wants it) but its hard to let go.
And thank you my health is good at the moment -long may it last! :D
enid

Post by enid »

I can imagine it will be hard for us to let go too when the day comes. But just thinsk how quickly you'll do your ironing now! :D
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

When the time comes, one of us will have to set up a similar forum for ex-rental home owners. www.lostmyhat.com?

Apple - I've just checked, the domain name is still available! Why don't you kick it off???!!! :lol:

Seriously though, I think I know how you feel. I always say that my heart lives at Le Gaillon and that I would never sell it, but I am sure there will come a time when I will have to let it go, and I am sure I will be very sad....
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Someone should nab it now!
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All,

Even worse than that ...Do you think we wont be able to post on the Forum anymore...... :o :shock: :cry:

Hope your on the mend now Apple.... :wink: