Little dilemma..

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Davy P @ CCA

Post by Davy P @ CCA »

I really don't want to get into an argument here, so I'll make this my final posting on this topic.

No two situations are identical, obviously.

Summer bookings put the bread on our table. Low season bookings butter the bread. We get a year-round 55 - 65% occupancy. A lot is repeat business. We like to think that being nice to people (including giving them the benefit of the doubt) helps us to achieve this. Yes, I'm sure we get our eyes wiped sometimes. But that's the way we like to do business.

Have a look at visitors' comments on our website. Every comment is included up to the last date recorded.

www.coastalandcountry.com

Anyway, GG, one of the pleasures (!?) of running your own business is that you get to make up your own mind!
Attention to detail
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

really don't want to get into an argument here, so I'll make this my final posting on this topic.
Who with cant see one brewing :o :roll: ........
Anyway, GG, one of the pleasures (!?) of running your own business is that you get to make up your own mind!
Of course she will....[Hi Gasc :wink: ] and shes got all the great qualities to make the right one and that will be.....
Whatever she wants it to be....
But as we all do she wanted to sound us out all her friends to hear our opinions and we are all more than happy to tell her....

Its what we all seem to like to do......
unless we know everything, then again if we did we wouldnt feel the need to read any of the posts on this Forum would we?....
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Had a quick peek at some of your guest comments Davy - we're off to France in the morning, so it was just that - quick! But you certainly engender great feedback and that's what it's all about - happy guests mean happy owners, and everything we do is to that end.

Thanks all for your advice on this, much appreciated. :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Have a great time Gasc...When will you be back....... :wink: :lol:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I think our last couple of posts crossed Rozzie - only away for a long weekend, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, as they say down under!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

I've got a little dilema so I thought I'd 'tack' it on the end of GG thread.

Guests at the villa hired the sauna on Wednedsay (100 euros), I've just had a 'phone call today (Sunday 12pm) to say they used the Sauna yesterday and it was not as hot and steamy as they'd expected so want a full refund. We're popping over to the villa later today check the sauna (I'm positive that there's nothing wrong with it)...but should I give them a full refund or pro-rata the hire for the days that they had the sauna available?
enid

Post by enid »

What does the 100 euros apply to?
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

The hire of the sauna for 7 days. We charge extra for the sauna to cover the cost of the electricity (in case of misuse) as it has a 4.5Kw heater which eats up electricity.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Crystal,

Enid, she who has a Sauna, may not agree with me but I think they’re having you on. I know nothing about Saunas but 100€ for a full week sounds like good value to me. I wonder, how much does their local health club charge for 24/7 use of a Sauna?

Always assuming that the Sauna is working properly “cheap at half the price, with your money back� springs to mind.

Fluffy
enid

Post by enid »

Yes - we charge 10 euros per hour - that's for 4 people for the health suite which has a sauna, spa and exercise machines.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

They were having us on....I asked them to turn the sauna 15 mintutes before we got there....we ended up getting there 40 mins later and the sauna was 'warm', all the dials turned on full....however we waited 15 more minutes and the sauna temperature started to rise and it was getting hotter! So we think they turned the sauna on to get it warm, turned it off and then turned it back on when we knocked at the door!

We were there about 20 minutes and the sauna temperature was rising as normal! They maintained "perhaps one of the elements weren't working yesterday, but is today" :? Anyway, as they've had the sauna for 4 days we offered 50% refund...but they were not happy and demanded a full refund as they had only used it the once! They then started to pick at little things like..the electricity keeps tripping and they had to keep running up and down the stairs to flick the switch on....the satellite does not work sometimes....The pool isn't as warm as they thought it would be (the temperature was 26C on the read-out!) We explained that if they use too many electrical appliances then the electric will trip...and that we cannot control the what happens to satellite TV..(all that needs to be done is to reset the Digibox by unplugging waiting 1 mintue and replugging it), the pool cover needs to be used to retain the heat when not in use. Anyway, I ended up asking Hubby to give them back a full refund...I just didn't want my New Years Eve to be spoiled by arguing guests.

We pointed out that when they booked we gave them a massive discount more than half price! (They were from Ireland and wanted to pay in euros, so we accepted 1100 euros for 10 days normal price Xmas week is 1300 GBP for 7 nights).

Alan said
“cheap at half the price, with your money back�
Yep..I agree too Alan. :roll:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Oooh Crystal, spitting chips for you I am! :evil:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Well..they've got a late flight back (10pm)..before they came they requested a late check-out and I replied that if we had no-one checking in then they could. Without sounding spiteful if we do not have anyone checking in, I am not extending our hospitality any further.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Quite right too!!
gh

Post by gh »

I just didn't want my New Years Eve to be spoiled by arguing guests.

We pointed out that when they booked we gave them a massive discount more than half price!
Give them an inch and they always want a mile. Its upsetting to deal with difficult guests, you did all you could with their 'snagging list', there gone now, thankfully they are in the minority, enjoy your Hogmanay you deserve it. Image