Little dilemma..

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

there gone now
I wish! They check-out on Saturday. :roll:
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

aaaagh !! You've done well to stay civil ,they didn't warrant the money back but you gave it to them anyway,don't give them any thing else ! Trials and tribulations eh? Happy New Year :lol:
gh

Post by gh »

Crystal wrote:
there gone now
I wish! They check-out on Saturday. :roll:
Sorry Chrystal, my mistake, :oops: not long to go hang on in their. Hope you enjoyed your New Year's Eve.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Crystal..

They do seem to be a pain :evil: ...If theyd asked to stay later than normal checkout Id be tempted to say that there would be an charge and guess what it would be about the same as the refund they wheedled out of you :wink: :roll:

To be hionest though I would probably done the same as you did... :roll:
Its not worth the hassle at times to argue.... :wink:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Hi Crystal

Sorry to hear you've had all this unnecessary hassle to deal with over the holidays.
Unfortunately it does go to show that no matter what you provide to guests some will always find fault....but it really does push beyond the mark when their complaint wasn't even justifiable.
I probably wouldn't have given them a refund until I'd had the electricity meterage (sp!?) checked...but then I'm a cynical old mouse!

hugs

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Going back to the family that wanted their money back for the hire of the sauna....well they left on the 6th. I asked them to check-out at 12pm (normal check-out is 11am), so I extended it an hour.

The kitchen and fridge were left in a really filthy condition which took me ages to clean. There was dried food on the worktop which they hadn't bothered to wipe clean...the kitchen cupboards had ground in tea stains which had run down the cupboard doors (the kitchen units are white), they broke the lid of the electric kettle (but didn't bother to leave a note about the damage), and they used 943kws of electricity in 10 days (normal usage is around 1200Kws in 2 months)! I've deducted the cost of the excess electricity from their deposit. Emails have been going back and forth and I am now getting threatening emails from the wife....she is refusing to send me the villa keys (the set which was posted to them before Xmas which arrived after they left Ireland). She's making all sorts of remarkable claims...the villa was left in a cleaner state than they found it! (In hindsight I should have taken pictures of the kitchen and the state of the fridge). She claims the villa is 'falsely advertised' and is threatening place her comments 'on the web', threatening to take the matter further :x ....and as a last 'punch'....said that she found the comments in our guest book was laughable :shock:

What a horrible person and what a sad start to the New Year!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Crystal, how awful!!! The only guests who made any negative comments about our apartment last winter were the only guests who left the place dirty.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Isn't strange how people like these are so predictable! :roll:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I seem to remember they were the ones wanting an early check-in too. We couldn't oblige as the apartment was occupied the week before. As it happened they had really heavy snow that day, and were very late arriving.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Crystal :D

I do feel for you anyone can see how lovely your place is.....what idiots... :evil:
enid

Post by enid »

Stick to your guns - this sounds like typical bully boy (or in this case girl) tactics. I'm sorry that you have had this nasty taste in the mouth start to the year.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr that is sooooo shameful Crystal :twisted: Why don't you advise her that there are also places where owners can warn eachother about undesirable guests if that's how she wants to play it, it works both ways. Tell her she is legally bound to return the keys immediately or you will have to charge her for the replacement of all the locks :lol:

As an add on thought, isn't the key return part of why you have the damage deposit. Hmmm mental note, don't get in to any 'rows' with guests until after keys returned :wink:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Is there enough "room" left in the deposit that you could respond with, "if you'd prefer not to return the keys, that's no problem, I'll just retain $XX from the deposit for the cost of changing all the locks"?

Pleasant but firm, that's my motto, and I think I do a reasonable job of sticking to it most of the time. :) My advice is to let her wail and wail if she wants, but don't go down to her level, and don't let her lashing out get to you.

Where is she threatening to post negative information about you? Just curious.
Brooke
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Crystal...
I totally agree with Brooke......Try to rise above it[them]
You knew from your earlier contact with them the sort of people they are....Because they managed to get the Sauna money back they think they can do as they like[do you think they were using the Sauna after all and thats why the electric was so high].....
Id do as Brooke says about the keys as well and try to ignore the emails....
Do they mean they will post on a guests comments or something on the website....If so you could contact the Rental sight owner and give them the facts....

I really do think theyre all Bluff & Bluster[as my Dad used to say].......

Please try not to let it get you down.....We all meet people like this though not very often luckily...x
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Crystal wrote:Isn't strange how people like these are so predictable! :roll:
I'm sorry to say this and by any means it doesn't apply to EVERY group of Irish guests I have had, but those who have left my place the dirtiest have all been from Ireland.