Little dilemma..

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Susan :wink: ....

Ive had loads of Irish guests and they all been lovely...and left the houses in a great state :D ....

But we can only speak from the experiences we have..

The worst damage/mess I had was from a 'friend 'who lives a few minutes from me :roll:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Hi Crystal...sorry to read they're behaving this way - and its never pleasant to be caught up with these types.
Sounds as if they like a bit of argy bargy....so my advice would be to state your case once and for all (i.e. outline the costs, damage and excessive use of electricity etc) plus that if the keys are not returned then you will charge them for replacement locks.
Then ignore their attemps to drag you back into the argument.

I wouldn't worry about negative publicity - thats the only angle they have to get you upset. And neither would I worry about her 'taking the matter further' again this is just a ruse - they would have to spend money to get a solicitor involved & I doubt they would do that.

I had an experience similar to this in my first year of renting (a group from a high class well known fashion company) when I charged them for damage etc...and I had to wake them up to get them to vacate!
Anyway - I got the lies,denials & the ever present solicitor threat :) . I replied in full answering all allegations and provided evidence to support my claims & my contact details for the 'solicitor' to get in touch - with a 'I would be pleased to fully discuss your visit etc'
And that any further discussions would be through their solicitor. Needless to say I heard nothing.

Enid is right - they're bullies trying to make you feel bad. Charge them & forget about them. You handled their complaint extremely well and they were lucky to get their sauna money back in my mind. (& who knows they may have delibrately run the sauna to rack up the electricity?)

hugs

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Thanks everyone....I was getting a bit 'wound up' by this woman as she seems a nasty piece of work.

I am so so mad and shocked!...as they got a newly decorated villa for 10 days at less than half the normal price with pool heating, got 100% refund of the hire of the sauna, had beautiful weather for the whole holiday and are making out that they are the 'hard done bys'! :twisted:

I had an email from her last Tuesday saying that she would post the keys. So replied I was going to return the balance due to them once they were received. Because her replies were getting so nasty, I replied on Sunday to say that we were going to waiver the extra charge for cleaning and damage but because of the nature of her attitude I was retaining the remainder of the deposit (61 euros) to cover the extra cleaning cost and replacement of a new electric kettle. I know...I should have waited for the keys, but I assumed they had already been posted! I don't think she had any intentions of returning the keys (she still had them as of yesterday) as she replied yesterday to say "you are not getting any keys from me"!

From the electricity usage I can only assume that they must have had the Sauna on constantly as one of their complaints was about the electric tripping and the cost of the electricity over 10 days (which is far from normal use!)
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Crystal, it's one of those rare instances again when I have nothing to say, I'm so angry for you. I hope it resolves properly soon, but meanwhile try not to waste any more emotional energy or precious time on this woman - she's simply not worth it. :twisted:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

heyGG...you're back!

How did it go?? I notice you have the word 'not' in your signature now! :D

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Hi Mouse - love your avatar! :lol: What a crafty critter you are! And thanks for asking about the ski adventure. It was great - but I suspect it will be a long time before I become a ski champ, unless a special category is created for goats. More will follow on 'Alpine' when I've surfaced.

XX

An exhausted..
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I know...I should have waited for the keys
Must admit Crystal that was my first reaction...

but didnt want to upset you any more/...Ive got a slight problem at the moment[nothing compared to you though]

But Ive been all sweetness and light as the keys havent returned yet[due tomorrow] and of course I still have the key/damage money...

Once they are here..... thereyougo :evil: ...
but its only that they didnt leave the cleaning money and have since emailed about a few problems...Having said they had a great time... :roll:
yeah right...the problems..[a damp smell...a few ants in the kitchen] not when we were there a few weeks ago and not enough to mention to Paula when she called during there visit...
They havent mentioned the cleaning money and neither have I but once the keys are back I will deduct it from there deposit[only had to do this once before]

I think like your guests I gave then a really reasonable rateless than £50 a person] let them stay 9 days and pay for 7 etc
So their seeing what else they can get out of it.....

Not in this lifetime :evil: