Confirmation of Booking

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Jacqui

Confirmation of Booking

Post by Jacqui »

I hadn't given it much thought until today - when a guest who paid her deposit yesterday asked for a confimation of her booking - up to now all I have done is actually send a receipt..... :oops:

So - do you have a standard letter that you send to your guests for confirmation and what sort of info do you include in it?

Thanks for all your help - I know you guys are really helpful - so I am thanking you in advance!!
:lol:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

hi Jacqui

I send a receipt & confirmation which has the T&Cs included. Basically they cover the main areas of them being nice guests and me being a nice 'landlady'.

p.m. me if you would like to see a copy of mine

Mouse
x
Last edited by Mouse on Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Vally

Post by Vally »

I have a standard form which states their name and address, date of arrival and departure, deposit taken , balance requirement, type of room/cottage name and the following:Thank you for your reservation, we look forward to seeing you in ........ if you have any queries or questions or require any tourist information prior to arrival , please get in touch.
Jacqui

Post by Jacqui »

I already send T&C's with the booking pack - as you can imagine mine are very indepth - working with disabled people - so wouldn't really want to send them again - but will try and write something along the lines of
Thanks for your booking - confirm the dates - self catering, etc equipment req'd, support booked, etc
and looking forward to seeing you - love the idea about tourist info - great tip!

Just don't want to duplicate everything that had already gone before really, plus don't want it sounding like an admission into hospital or similar! Which unfortunately it could end up sounding like!

Ho Hum - Back to the drawing board
:lol:
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi, mine sounds a lot like Vallys. I number the invoices and that is what I send out next, the actual invoice.
A-two

Post by A-two »

As well as giving my renters a lease, I assign an account number to every booking and my management software takes care of the rest. It automatically generates a statement of account for each booking, showing dates of reservation, total amount due, amount paid, balance of rent due and due dates for final payments, security deposit etc. It also sends reminders. Well worth the money, and saves lots of time in paperwork and postage costs.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Joanna

I know you've told us before which mangement software you use - would you mind jogging the memory? Was it RentalBot? I don't find the search gadget on LMH very user-friendly to hunt out old posts....

Thanks.

MG
A-two

Post by A-two »

Rentalbot