Posts, their content and frequency & Google

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Orion

Posts, their content and frequency & Google

Post by Orion »

Reflecting on the recent threads concerning Rentalo and Force Travel and Leisure I was thinking about how many mentions on this forum might it take before postings on this forum appear on the first page of a Google search?

Force Travel and Leisure, for example, only has a couple of direct hits if you search only with the words Force Travel and Leisure.

I appreciate (which really means I guess) that the size of the organisation and its existing web presence will be important factors.

If there is anything in this idea and if one took the view that it might influence the outcome of a search result, it may be thought by some that ensuring the name of the errant organisation (e.g Force Travel and Leisure) was always 'properly' mentioned in the postings.

I hope that this posting is in the spirit of this forum which is headlined to inform "which are good, which are bad and which are just plain ugly".

P.S. just in case there is anything in this idea I think it's only fair to mention Rentalo again and not just Force Travel and Leisure.

P.P.S. But on a personal level Force Travel and Leisure deserve more of a mention because they pestered me and Rentalo haven't (yet?).
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

The techy forum boards have quite a lot of discussion about Search Engine Optimisation for forum content.

They say that google doesn't like the ? in php URL's. There is software available to convert the URL's into html.

My experience is that google does pick up the text - maybe more slowly than html text.

If you are specific enough with your keywords the forum content will come up as No 1.

An example :

Using this forum posting from 25 November : http://the-languedoc-page.com/phpBB2/vi ... .php?t=818

Search on "100's of Languedoc Photos" ( http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... +photos%22 ) and it is No 1.

Search on "Languedoc Photos" ( http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... +photos%22 ) and it is nowhere.

Not sure what would happen if "Languedoc Photos" had 100's of references within the forum. Would it come up to the top ?

BTW Boardtracker is a search engine for forum content. It appears to use html URL's.

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Orion

Force Travel and Leisure on Google

Post by Orion »

Following my first post on this topic I tried searching Force Travel and Leisure on Google a few times to see if it showed.

Today, for the first time a Lay My Hay posting about Force Travel and Leisure appeared at no.3 on page 1.

So I suppose that bad (or good) comments on this site have at least the potential to get a wider audience than I first thought.

So beware you 'bad boys' like Force Travel and Leisure and Rentalo.

Bill
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

If this is a post about being pestered, from me it must be Rentalo...Rentalo :evil:

The force hasnt been with me yet
but if they do I send them skyrocketing... :wink: .

Going on the principal that theres no such thing as bad publicity could we in some way be helping these companies by mentioning them then.. :?:
even though its in an adverse way..... :roll: