slow down

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Fraise

slow down

Post by Fraise »

Is it me or is the whole site slowing down? Could the fact that large pictures are appearing often in posts have anything to do with it? Just wondered but as I know absolutely nothing about the technical aspects I'm probably just off my trolley? :cry:
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

A particular thread might take a bit longer to load if there are lots of pictures on it, but it shouldn't slow down the whole forum.

Everything's running at normal speed for me... :)
Brooke
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Thanks , Brooke. Just me then :oops:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

This is interesting. This forum runs at normal speed for me, but another one that I'm a member of really drags it's heels.

But it does raise another q that has been bothering me. How do you get those big pictures on, anyway? I'd often love to send a pic but I don't know how.

Pauline
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Pauline, this seems to crop up frequently so I have replied in the Suggestions and Technical area and made the topic a "sticky". Please PM me if you still have problems or I can help further. Sue 8)

p.s Please advise where this would be best as a sticky if not where I've placed it. ta!
Last edited by Sue Dyer on Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Pauliner wrote:This is interesting. This forum runs at normal speed for me, but another one that I'm a member of really drags it's heels.

But it does raise another q that has been bothering me. How do you get those big pictures on, anyway? I'd often love to send a pic but I don't know how.

Pauline
I think we ought to ask Ros, she seems to have become rather expert since her little trip; was it an IT course Ros? :wink:
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Now Andy

Sarcasm is my Forte....so if you wish to take on the master go ahead...... :wink:

I know what I know but I also know what I dont know...
When I went on my short computer course all I found out is how much more there was that I didnt know I didnt know

Confusing people is also one of my other talents[good aint I]

Seriously though Have a great Xmas Its been fun having our little skirmishes...... :wink: :roll: :lol:
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

:lol:

No sarcasm intended Ros. For somebody who always says how much she can't do, you seem to able to do a lot .... did you follow that, because I didn't! :shock:

A merry crimbo to you as well.
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Sorry Andy Thought we were going to have one of our goodnatured spats... :wink: :lol: [and a bit of banter which I do enjoy]
Takes me back to my childhood growing up as the only girl with 3 older brothers....I could have ended up a quiet self effacing little thing but as youve guessed I didnt.... :roll:
You had to retaliate first in our house!!!!!

I really dont know about getting photos and stuff onto here
Paul did try to tell me about joining something which I tried to do then downloading then whatever but it didnt happen
These Xmas ones Im doing are very easy I just did what Johnel told me to do and it happened.....
Then when something didnt happen I cut & pasted it and it happened then.Thats about my limit cut & paste......but I am pesistent and will probably try again......

I have got a lot of stuff id like to share that Ive been emailed but cant manage it yet...

Take care hope you have a good time this Yuletimexx