What period do you get most bookings

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
mario

What period do you get most bookings

Post by mario »

My website is nearly ready so dont want to miss any bookings if i push to get it finished now.
brenda

Post by brenda »

Over the past few years our main booking period has started around 26th December. By the end of January we have had a good idea of the trend for the year.

Good Luck, Happy Christmas + a successful 2007
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Hi Mario!

I agree with Brenda - typically the busiest period is just after christmas......I work for a website based company selling accomodation in 3 resorts and this is always the case for them.

We also get a rush of bookings when the budget airlines release their flights for the following summer and then again in autumn as we have a special offer of booking before xmas and only paying 10% deposit to hold the booking.

Anyway - good luck & a prosperous new year!!!

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
mario

Post by mario »

Cheers,need to get it sorted quick then.
ashtondav

Post by ashtondav »

Getting later for me. Now bookings come mainly Jan Feb and Mar in roughly equal chunks. Then a few trickle in until August then, basically nothing until the next year.
Sometimes i sits and thinks - and sometimes i just sits...
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

And I'm all topsy-turvy. Mad rush in September for the peak weeks (Christmas, New Year, Feb), steady in November, than a lull until the first major snowfall comes.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Most of my peak weeks are booked the previous summer...
The others come in Jan onwards...[always quiet this time of year]
Good Luck....Hope you do well...Rosx
Jacqui

Post by Jacqui »

I am surprised how many people are still booking this past couple of weeks. I wasn't expecting it to say the least, so thats great.

We had our website up and running this year and certainly from the website stats most of our visitors were February time, although we had nothing available until the end of July - we were still building them!! :lol:

I hope that it will pick up after Xmas when all the big holiday adverts start appearing on the TV, in Magazines, etc. We have a few bookings for next year but certainly not as many as some people have on LMH.

It'll come - I hope!! :roll:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Then a host of last minute summer bookings in June.
Or that was how it happened last year.
gh

Post by gh »

We tend to get bookings mainly after Christmas, well we did in past years, bookings for '07 started in November, and now we are full booked for peak summer.

Dont know for sure why; :? they have came in earlier, one reason could be....... we didn't have a web site until this year.

Marcus and Jane Image
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

We had an unusual rush of 07 bookings (peak weeks) between July-September this year and after then a lull with just a trickle of enquiries, which is normal, as people are more focused on Xmas. We usually get most of our mid-high season weeks booked between end of December to end of Jan..hopefully this will follow through again for us next year!
Stu

Post by Stu »

It's different for us because we have the campsite as well as the 3 gites, they're different for both. The campsite's now full for July & August 07. The larger of the 3 gites is full for August as is the small one, with a few weeks booked then in July. Total of 22 weeks booked so far. Nothing in for the past week though, but I'm happy with that just before Christmas. We expect a flood after! Better get filling the sandbags!

Good luck all for 2007! Hope it's your best yet!
Vally

Post by Vally »

Because my places only fit 2 adults, I get a batch of bookings in Jan/Feb...for the early planners then after that i fill up in dribs and drabs. the agency tell me it is because 2's don't have to do major planning to get away, they say shall we try for next week and that is as far ahead as they book, been doing it for 3 years now and it certainly has worked that way....the hotel on the other hand has started to book since November, have been doing that for nearly 20 years now and that is a unusual trend.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've just had my first enquiry for next Summer for 3 weeks in July. However, it is for when we had planned to take our holidays.
:cry:
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

So,

how is it going ?

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com