Website re-fit review please?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Interesting... out of curiosity, what browsers does a simple javascript open function not work on? I've done nowhere near the testing you have -- just IE and Firefox, and Safari when I can borrow a friend's Mac once in a while. :) But I haven't had problems with those...
Brooke
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

C'est incroyable!!! I had an enquiry today by phone; unfortunately we can't accommodate the gentleman, but he was happy to tell me how he found our property - he said he'd typed in "Gers+pool" into Google, but our Stats counter (thanks again e-Richard!!) indicated that the search words he used were actually "France+pool".

I tried it myself - and we're at the foot of page 1, of 36,200,000 results.

Now if only I had these same odds next time we buy a lottery ticket! :lol:

But no-one would normally use these search words anyway - would they? I think he must have had a senior moment!
Last edited by Giddy Goat on Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

GG,

I never thought of people searching on "Monflanquin + pool" but when I do on Page 1 at No 1 is HR, already searched and sorted and there I am on the shortlist. Amazing.

Fluffy
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

GG & Fluff :D ....

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs :shock: ...

Well as you know theres a few houses/villas/apartments etc in my neck of the woods :roll: [just a few]

I Just put Torrevieja+ Pool in Google and I was 1and 2 and the only ones on the page....... :o

with Choose Spain :wink: :lol: Fan dabby dozey
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Same here with Gascony+pool Ros and Fluffs - shows the listing sites are doing their stuff! :) I'll see what comes up when I try Condom*+pool.

On second thoughts, perhaps not.:oops:

*our local town
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Gascony Goat wrote:Same here with Gascony+pool Ros and Fluffs - shows the listing sites are doing their stuff! :) I'll see what comes up when I try Condom*+pool.

On second thoughts, perhaps not.:oops:

*our local town
I just tried that search, "Condom + pool", and the first entry was "Can I use a condom in a swimming pool or in a hot tub?"

Dare I ask? Can he in your's or am I getting into muddy waters? How good is your filtration system?

Fluffy
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Can I use a condom in a swimming pool or in a hot tub?"
Just see that on the sign beside our pool[what sort of picture would they use though :roll: ]

Would you say it was a SAFE :wink: place to live then Gasc.....Im not even going to mention French le....rs[things you put in envelopes]
[dont spose the youngsters have heard em called that :roll: ]
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

How weird, just messing about and when I put

Torrevieja+ pool, I get Ros only but if I leave a space between Torrevieja + pool I don't.

With Gascony+ pool it is the opposite, nothing comes up but put a space after Gascony then + and every other connotation and it does.

How come where the + is makes a difference, I never knew that :?
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Partridge

All right then what weeks are you after. :? ...[I hate time wasters :roll: ]

I didnt notice that Tricia :wink:
but I didnt really expect I would be the only one under Torrevieja & Pool as I should think theres a few :shock:
It might be me as in most of my titles on the websites Im trying to get as much in as possible so I usually try to put
3 BedHousesx2Torrevieja+PoolNr Beach 8-16......

Sometimes without spaces as its limited to so many letters...dont know if this works or not :roll:

PS Just tried
Torrevieja and pool and was on the first page again with a different website :shock:[if I miss the and out Im not :roll: ]

But Im still chuffed :lol:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Ros wrote:Would you say it was a SAFE :wink: place to live then Gasc.....
Very funny Ros, but I'm sorry to say someone (several hundred, more like) got there before you! :lol:

Condom's a pretty little town - they have finally given way to the nudges and winks and there is now a 'Musée de Préservatifs'. I haven't checked it out yet.... mind boggles!

Now, where were we...oh yes - Fluffs, I've tried Midi-Pyrenees+pool, and get a similar result - well, halfway down P1. Much as I give H-R a hard time periodically, this is fairly impressive stuff, oui?