Bank Details for payment

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Foxandsot

Bank Details for payment

Post by Foxandsot »

Hello

Just got my second booking, yippee :D

The guest has asked for my bank details to pay the deposit, is it safe??

Many thanks

Michelle
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I've never had a problem with giving out bank details for payment.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Hi Michelle,

Great, another booking, well done!

I arrange all my payments by bank transfer. Like Susan, I have never had any problems. The only downside is that guests from the UK report that the transfer charges are very expensive.

There appear to be fast and slower transfers available. The slower option obviously costs less, and that is what I advise guests to take.

Over here in France, such transfers - even international ones - can easily be arranged using e-banking. It is time UK banks also offered this service :!:
Last edited by Rocket Rab on Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Yes well done!

Again we only use bank transfers (with the very odd exception) and its never been a problem.
We then transfer the damage deposit back via internet banking after the villa has been cleaned & they usually get that in 2/3 days.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

Thanks, I'm so excited!! I really didn't think anyone would book!! Beginning to panic now and worrying about guests having a fabulous holiday and if they don't then it's all my fault!! God knows what I will be like come July!
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

VillaTatiana wrote:...worrying about guests having a fabulous holiday and if they don't then it's all my fault!!
I know that feeling, Michelle! You can even wind up feeling it's your fault if it rains! Ah...the rental game :D
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

The first year can be a worry...I think your expectations are sometimes higher than the guests!! That's what we found anyway!

But its a learning curve (like all new experiences) and if you ever do have a problem or are unsure about anything...you get great all round advice from LMH!

If you're anything like me you'll probably spend the next few months checking and re-checking to make sure you've not double booked anyone or booked in the wrong date....that was my greatest fear!?

Mouse
x
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

VillaTatiana wrote:Thanks, I'm so excited!! I really didn't think anyone would book!! Beginning to panic now and worrying about guests having a fabulous holiday and if they don't then it's all my fault!! God knows what I will be like come July!
You just provide the venue. We've had a fabulous holiday in a hovel and not such a good one in a four-star hotel. As long as you provide a well-decorated, clean, decently equipped place that ties in with your advertising, you are doing at least as well as most package holiday companies and a lot better than some!

It is very easy to take on your guests' cares and woes - you've got to be a bit thick skinned. After all, they are guests, not friends (although most of us would regard the regulars as friends!).

John
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

cromercrabholiday wrote:You just provide the venue.
John- sensible words indeed, and excellent advice. I have found my rental mantra for 2007..
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

Hello

Just got this from one of my potential bookings: What does he mean, will he not be sending the booking form back signed, should I insist he does?? And should I be giving out the address of the villa at this early stage??

"Booking form is OK. No need to post. Our agreement would be based on the booking form and communications made to date although we have never had to sign any forms in the past.

Please issue full address of the villa."

Help :oops:

Michelle
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Mmm. That is a bit curt, isn't it?

Is this one of your two firm bookings thus far, or another interested party?

As I see it, the tenant should play by your rules, not vice versa, so you perhaps you should ask him again, more firmly, to return the booking form (for your rental records)?
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

This is one of my two bookings so far (maybe I shouldn't be calling them bookings until I get a deposit, getting far too carried away!)

Should I be giving him the address at this stage?
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Sorry, Your house your rules! And until the contract is signed, and returned, and the final balance is in the bank does the client get the full address....................sounds harsh, but fairly normal.
Cheers
PC
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I agree with Paul....

And no theyre not really bookings until you receive the deposit so if you have other enquiries bear them in mind.... :wink:

Its all a learning curve and weve all been there early on Im sure things will work out fine... :wink:

Good Luck.....
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Agree with Paul....no address until you've got all the money in the bank and its cleared.

I don't ask for a booking form to be completed (tho' many do) I take it as a booking when I've got the 50% deposit...I then send a recipt/booking confirmation that gives them the T&C's and cancellation policy etc.

I also think he is being curt. As Paul says - you've the right to run things how you want to. So if you want a signed booking form then tell him until you have that back plus deposit you can not hold his chosen week for him - as it shows commitment between the two of you.

Don't worry - if he has rented before then he should know this - if he hasn't...time to educate!!

BTW - How is he paying? Is it in installments etc? (you may want to have this on his booking form if its not already).
Also its useful to informed him of your terms and conditions plus cancellation policy when you do get the deposit.

Mouse
x