Bank Details for payment

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

I feel like I'm making a pigs ear of it all! :oops:
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

On my booking form it states that 25% deposit to secure booking and then full balance 8 weeks before arrival. He is paying deposit straight into my bank (apparently).

Looking at my booking form & t&cs, they look a bit rubbish :oops: I was so proud of them, when I first did them.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

VillaTatiana wrote:On my booking form it states that 25% deposit to secure booking and then full balance 8 weeks before arrival. He is paying deposit straight into my bank (apparently).
That's exactly how I do it, Michelle, except that I like living dangerously, so I only ask for the full balance 4 weeks before arrival.

Hey, bet those T&Cs aren't as bad as you make out....I'm just rewriting mine after one whole year :shock: of rental experience! It's a learning curve, as others have said...
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Hey - don't worry .. it really is all about being in a position you've not been in before...nothing rubbish..you just improve as you go along and think of things...honestly! I didn't even have t&c's when my first few guests booked!!!!!!

Right - so he's paying you 25% deposit thats good, and the balance 8 wks before arrival...thats also good.

Now tell him you would expect him to return the booking form to you confirming his payment details (if its on) and his chosen dates. Once you have that you will hold his chosen week/s for however long you want to give him to get the deposit to you...usually about 7 days.

None of this is unreasonable & he'll be fine.

On receipt of his deposit you will send him confirmation with your t&c's etc & its done...he's booked!!

Explain you will send him the address of the Villa along with directions 6 weeks before he is due to arrive.

You're doing fine!! :) :) :)

If you want to check your t&c's against mine then pm me & I'll send them to you....it all helps.

mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I feel like I'm making a pigs ear of it all!
Of course your not :shock: .......we sound like we know what were doing but we still need advice[especially me]
which is why this Forums here and as your asking for advice think of all the people who are reading this and probably in your position but dont ask....[but reads all the answers you get]...just look at how many times the subjects been viewed...but not posted on
so your helping all them...and Im sure there will be a time that youll be helping us with queries ,its all swings & roundabouts...

The GREAT thing about this Forum is that the people giving advice dont make you feel silly you want to see the daft things Ive asked[and am still saying.]

Theyre such a Great Lot and what they dont know theyll find out for you......
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Follow what Mouse has said and you should be a OK. 6 years in, and I still don't have a clue :shock: .................All ways learning
Cheers
PC
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

I emailed him back saying that I like to have a copy of signed booking form etc for our records and that we issue villa address, directions etc when balance is paid.

He's just got back to me saying fine, he's in the process of booking flights and will pay within the next 3 days!

Fingers crossed.

Thanks everyone.

Michelle
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Great news! Just shows - gotta to be tough, and keep buffing that skin!!
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

I agree - stick to your guns. Booking forms set out the terms of the legal agreement that you have made. Written contracts are most valuable when things go wrong (Alan will have views I'm sure).

A couple of times, we've been very pleased to have all our terms set out in black and white, including support when had to take a guest to court for damages caused.

Losing awkward guests is probably worth the lost income for the gained sanity - trawl the boards, we've all had our problems. Fortunately, the vast majority of guests come, go, pay up, leave the place clean and put complementary comments in the visitors book.

John
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

cromercrabholiday wrote:I agree - stick to your guns. Booking forms set out the terms of the legal agreement that you have made. Written contracts are most valuable when things go wrong (Alan will have views I'm sure).
I wouldn’t be Fluffy if I didn’t have an opinion, now would I?

Booking Forms, Terms & Conditions and/or Agreements are all good evidence of the facts so long as they are signed by the guest. None of them override the law, none of them make legal something which is illegal but they are all good evidence of what was agreed.

In many cases their very existence will help to settle a dispute in that the owner, or conversely the guest, is able to say “this is what was agreed�.

Why leave a detail in doubt when you have the opportunity of clarifying it? If you do you’re only feeding the coffers of people like me – the lawyers of the world.

Gosh, that was a long way of saying “Yes�.

Fluffy
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Interesting...........Fluffy

If a person is fully aware of our T&C's and has paid the deposit but has not signed the contract, have they not already accepted
the T&Cs by the very fact they have paid the deposit?
Cheers
PC
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

thanks Paul - I was wondering that as well as I say (to my guests) that if deposits are taken as acceptance of the T&C's unless altered in writing.

v. interesting

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paul Carmel wrote:Interesting...........Fluffy

If a person is fully aware of our T&C's and has paid the deposit but has not signed the contract, have they not already accepted
the T&Cs by the very fact they have paid the deposit?
I'm talking about "evidence" and if there is evidence that the T&C's were seen before the deposit was paid then my answer is "yes".

Fluffy
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

VillaTatiana wrote:Looking at my booking form & t&cs, they look a bit rubbish :oops: I was so proud of them, when I first did them.
Michelle,

I don't know what your forms look like but if you're really concerned you could do what I did - I found a great form on this website http://www.howtorentbyowner.com/RentalRules.htm
(which has lots of other useful info too) and it's the one I use - adapted for my place, of course. It pretty much covers everything, although I had to add something about insurance cover.

Also, if I might make a suggestion re your website - it all looks lovely but I think perhaps you should move your photos of the finished villa up front. It took me a few minutes to find them under the section on building progress, a link that might not interest many people.

Best of luck for 2007 - glad to see the bookings are pouring in, your place looks wonderful.

Elaine
Lounging on the lily pad...
gh

Post by gh »

VillaTatiana wrote:I feel like I'm making a pigs ear of it all! :oops:
We were 'green behind the ears' when we started, it all worked out in the end and were still learning :wink:

LMH is brill, wish we found it earlier; every, if not all, aspects of renting is covered here.

All the best for 2007............