management service

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Musicmonkey1

Post by Musicmonkey1 »

I'll try to suggest a reason.

If you take for example the Friday - Friday option, it means you have to take at least one extra days annual leave, maybe two. If you have family that are too young to pack for themselves it presents a difficulty to be ready for a Friday departure if you have been at work till Thursday evening.

For holidays outside of the longer summer holidays, this would also mean taking the children out of school and this is very frowned on these days.
willemijn

Post by willemijn »

get your point!
Willemijn Lindeboom
www.villainumbria.com
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

I can fully understand what MusicMonkey is saying about Friday to Friday visits.

It seems to work for us because the vast majority of our visitors are from the UK. They leave work/school on the Friday afternoon (or take flexi time to leave earlier) and can then make the most of the first Saturday. They also return home on a Friday and still have the weekend in front of them so they have plenty of time to gear up for going back to work/school.

Once again, it probably depends on your target market and location.

Cheers

Christine
www.stybarrowcottage.co.uk
www.troutbeckcottage.co.uk
tansy

Post by tansy »

I'm sorry to be negative but I tried here in France to run other properties..I thought with our 2 houses if I had a couple more it would make things easier (negotiating with plumbers, electricians, laundry etc)...HAH!! Never again...I cannot believe the attitude of some fellow property owners...they want it all for nothing - I got stung and ended up out of pocket with a bad name with the local plumber - I honestly do not know what the answer is...except I think it is a numbers game...keep marketing - there will be folk that think the same way, will be glad of your help and will be prepared to pay.

Maybe it would be possibe to get a job with a rental agency and learn from the inside as it were?

Good luck
willemijn

Post by willemijn »

feel better to know I am not the only one who encountered difficult financial situations while involved in managing the property of somebody else...
Willemijn Lindeboom
www.villainumbria.com