Oh, yes, please - we'd love you to stay........

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Mountain Goat

Oh, yes, please - we'd love you to stay........

Post by Mountain Goat »

Today's enquiry:

I am looking for a chalet to fit a family of 4 (two young children ages 1 and 3.5) plus 4 - 6 of their friends. We are looking to be together but have enough segregation so that the kids and adults do not disturb each other too much.

Not having any sprogs around at the moment, it's the 4-6 of their friends which worries me - are kids different these days? I didn't have too many friends when I was 1.

Advice sought....or dream on, yummie mummy?

MG
greenfrog

Re: Oh, yes, please - we'd love you to stay........

Post by greenfrog »

Mountain Goat wrote:Today's enquiry:

We are looking to be together but have enough segregation so that the kids and adults do not disturb each other too much.[/i]

MG
They'll be staying with 6-8 kids and hope they won't "disturb [them] too much"??? :roll: And if they're their friends, they must be toddlers too, so why on earth would they even contemplate leaving them on their own??

Scary!
Lounging on the lily pad...
debk

Post by debk »

:) I read this differently: that is, a family of 4 plus 4-6 of their frineds. I'm expecting there are at least 4 adults involved, if not more. Worth asking how many children in total, as well as all of their ages?
debk
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Oops! I suspect you're right, debk!! :oops: I don't think I read that very carefully! I had this scary vision of a couple travelling with a gang of toddlers and wanting a big room in which to abandon them all!

Elaine
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Elaine...

It was probably the MG phrased it...
Hes well known for his dry wit......
and looking at his Avatar can you believe he didnt have many friends as a boy[pup] I bet he was a real cutie...... :wink: :lol:
Ju

Post by Ju »

I read this to be friends of the family not of the children si I think Debk is right.

You can always confirm with them in your reply though.

Ju
paolo

Post by paolo »

Been corresponding with a lady about a month's rental in Jan-Feb for quite some time and trying to get some information out of her like address and phone number, all she has told me is that she is an actress, singer and writer in LA (although not one listed on imdb or Amazon), name of Prescott.

The title of this thread is what I felt when I asked again for her contact details before giving her my banking details, and got this reply:
NO IASKED FOR DETAILS FIRST

I WANT DETAILS

THEN YOU GET MY DETAILS
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Paolo,

Could your she be a he?

http://www.andyprescott.com/resume.html
Cheers
PC
debk

Post by debk »

Paolo, I know you'll do the right thing... but we've had a strangely large number of 'famous' people stay with us so I'll share a bit of our experience.

Only one was a problem (tho a minor problem really; just complained about everything) and she was the *only* one who made a point out of mentioning that she was famous.

All the others never said a peep about who they were (though their names were enough to identify them). This difficult guest was also almost a household name, though perhaps the least 'famous' of any of ours... but she wanted to be treated as someone special. ("Hello, we are writers", emphasis hers with her well-known Italian address included, which was the way the first inquiry started. :roll: )

Unless this is a shoulder booking and you have lots of time to coddle, you might prefer to not host Mr. Prescott?

Good luck,
debk
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

What arrogance Paolo! Let us know the outcome - although I can guess....
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

The fact that she/he emailed IN CAPITALS ...was a CLUE

...reminded me of the old german characters in Films

VE VILL ASK THE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!! :roll: :lol:

Please keep us posted :wink:
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

This is an interesting thread Paolo, thanks for sharing. You must be wary surely? Weird capital letters ? How much is your sanity/peace of mind worth? Let us know what happens ? Presumably you'll reply as you would to anyone else and if she doesn't like it,lump it :wink:
paolo

Post by paolo »

I think the only sane thing to do is not even reply, as she is either drunk, mad or a scammer. Her first name is given as Shirley, so beware if she contacts you.

Edit: Actually I have just found her on YouTube and she is probably two out of the above three:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Xb-6g-qQM
Paolo
Lay My Hat
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

I checked out the YouTube video - scary!!

I think debk's comments re famous people may not apply to your inquirer!!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Yegods - does she think she's a stand-up comic?

Loony, clearly!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be