IE-7 problem showing website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
paul smith

IE-7 problem showing website

Post by paul smith »

Seem to be having problems showing our website on IE7. Works fine with IE6 and firefox etc.

Contacated web creator and they say it's a problem with IE7.

I find that the footer is out of sync and the last two navigation links do not work, (booking , photo gallery).

Any sugesstions?
:)

www.peyda-apartment.co.uk
marcus

Post by marcus »

I don't think that saying it is a problem with IE7 is a good response from your web creator.

They might just be right, but IE7 is what 90% of people use. If something isn't displaying as expected in IE7 they have almost certainly designed it in a slightly unconventional way - IE7 may not be perfect when you get down to CSS nitty gritty but it really isn't all that bad either

I did take a look but it looks like the site is all hidden away in frames, which I don't know about (this is a bad thing because search engines don't look at frames either)

Good luck!
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

I'm with Marcus on this one, the problem is not with IE7, it's with the way the website behaves in IE7! Incidentally Marcus, I'm not sure IE7 takeup is quite that high yet, but 30% of the visitors to our site last week were using it.

A little surprising that it works in Firefox but not in IE7. Any suggestions? Well, maybe one of our experts will pass by soon, but my suggestion would be to ask your web creator to fix the problem; or find someone who can!! :twisted:

Hope that helps a little.
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
marcus

Post by marcus »

I'm sure you're right, I was thinking of IE in general..oops
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paul,

There isn’t a single browser which gives perfect support to every HTML or CSS function but that’s no excuse for a professional Web designer.

There is a documented work-around for all of these apparent problems. For example, IE has little if any support for alternate style sheets but it is still possible to create a JavaScript style switcher which does work with IE.

If your Web designer is a “professional� Web designer he will not blame IE, he will create some code which deals with IE’s shortcomings.

Now is the time to tell you or more particularly your Web designer something. If your Web Site doesn’t work properly in IE you’d better change the coding of your Web Site. You may rest assured; Microsoft isn’t going to change IE to suit you or your Web designer.

Fluffy
paul smith

Post by paul smith »

Interesting... after having problems with our website showing faults on IE7 and telling 1&1 internet of these problems about 5 times, I finally told them today that they are out of thier terms and asked for a full refund for the website hosting, guess what...... they have suddenly fixed it ten minutes after my call. The photo gallery and booking pages now hyperlink. Kick arxx and you get things done :D :D

www.peyda-apartment.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Not got IE7 yet, could someone have a look at my 1and 1 site for me, and tell me if it's OK. I will then download it if I need it. Sick of spyware when i use any IE.
paul smith

Post by paul smith »

seems fine on IE7.

can some one tell me the better browsers out there and provide links to them for download. ta
paul smith

Post by paul smith »

After reading reviews on browsers, I have downloaded Firefox 2 and everything is much faster.. . amazing :D
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Paul,thanks. I use Firefox, after a nasty incident with spyware. I have also downloaded Opera to test the website, but IE7 was taking far too long to download.
Maxd

Post by Maxd »

I had some issues with ie7 on one of out sites. If you go to "reset " on the advanced fuction of the "internet options" it worked for me.

Also disable add ons as there is still some issue that needs to be fixed there.

see known probs here

http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html