Why is it with punters that they never.......

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Mountain Goat

Why is it with punters that they never.......

Post by Mountain Goat »

1) Leave 'the' bread knife in a sensible location, like on or near the bread board but buried somewhere weird?

2) Discover the back-of-a-never-used-cupboard as an exciting new parking place for 'the' teapot.

3) That the only cereal they ever leave, in vast quantities, is Kellog's Coco Pops or some other morning chocolate monstrosity that we're not going to get rid of either.

4) And as far as the egg poacher's concerned, I give up - all 5 bits scattered over 3 floors.

Come to think of it, a chat with our cleaner may be useful.

MG
Ju

Post by Ju »

I'm guessing that the children found some game of other to play with the egg poacher!

I know what you mean about the coco-pops!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

:lol: Now you've really started something Mountie!!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

We recently bought a new expresso/filter coffee machine for our place. Our first guests this winter obviously didn't want to use it, so they had put it on the top shelf of the wardrobe!! When Mel checked the apartment after they left,(she was picking her parents up from the aiport when they left) she thought they'd nicked it. As she's quite petite, she couldn't see it. The next set of guests were friends of hers,and found it.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

:evil: ...they always re-arrange the cupboards...I spend at least half an hour putting cups, glasses, pots and pans in their rightful cupboards! :roll:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Crystal, I think the work "re-arrange" is a far too polite word to use for what they do! Put anywhere there is a space is often more like it.
Although I have to say that on a few occasions, I have preferred the new placement and permenently re-arranged the things to where the guests have put them.
It is worse when they rent more than one house and "re-arrange" things from one house to another. Everything usually turns up during the course of a thorough change-over, but it is nonetheless a pain in the neck!
Some guests over Christmas packed the TV remote control and took it away with them, but have posted it back now. I've also had the welcome notes folder returned in the post!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

is worse when they rent more than one house and "re-arrange" things from one house to another. Everything usually turns up during the course of a thorough change-over, but it is nonetheless a pain in the neck!
This Happens to our houses a lot Susan as they are rented together...I cant really expect Paula to count every knife & fork...actually I might add a note to the Info pack I send them :idea: .....Thanks for bringing it up.......

ps I have also left things in a place where guests have moved them to too :wink: [after being a bit miffed initially.....] :roll:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Mountain Goat wrote:
the only cereal they ever leave, in vast quantities, is Kellog's Coco Pops or some other morning chocolate monstrosity
Absolutely, we get lorry loads of the stuff. Even our dogs won't touch Coco Pops and they consider that string, egg-boxes, cherry-stones and dead salamanders are delicacies to rival Fois Gras. The landfills of the Dordogne must be solid with the stuff. I believe that Coco Pops have a half-life of 40 million years.

Jim