Am I being too friendly....?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Jenny wrote:
You appear to be a lone male in female territory
To be fair, my wife Diana does nearly all of that difficult front of house stuff. I prefer to lurk in the shrubbery smeared in woad and howl at the full moon with the dogs.

However, I am responsible for pool maintenance and guests will often kindly volunteer their life histories whilst I'm trying to concentrate on the early morning cleaning ritual. Sometimes, I'll imagine myself to be a Baywatch six-pack man but then a guest will say 'do you know Jim, you're a dead ringer for that Bill Oddie bloke'.

Susan, yes I loved that History of Nearly Everything book. Cool.

Jim (Hasselhoff)
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Just for you Jim.

http://www.thehoff.org/
Cheers
PC
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

(Is it only us wimmin who do the meet and greets!?)
I think in the main it seems to be...for some strange reason...but is it because we all deal with the bookings & build up the relaitionship?

Mr mouse is useless over email...very short & to the point, and he has a sense of humour that doesn't always come across :roll: where as I try and build up a relaitionship gently.

But I leave him to do the tour of the villa & explanations...he's much better than I am. Also if the party is a group of younger people he greets those as I think as a man they respect his authority more (I might be wrong - but its worked out OK so far)

He always does the wave offs...cos he can keep them amused whilst waiting for their taxi (always a sad time)...and anyway - I'm usually still in bed :oops:

BTW - with younger spanish we always use first names, older generation would probably be Senor/senora and ask permission to call them by their first names....strange as we wouldn't do that with UK guests

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!