Pastor John King - not sure if it's genuine....

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Hi Gebbe

Welcome aboard and glad you trusted your gut instinct and found 'Lay my hat' in time :wink:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
gh

Post by gh »

Well done gebbe, LMH is great for sharing information.

Where in Denmark is your place? Been there many times before we decided France was for us.

John
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Good for you Gebbe :wink: ,

Im glad you found out in time[just] Yhere are a lot of similar ones about if ever you get one your not sure of[though Im sure your be more able to suss them now just post them here]
These guys can usually smell them a mile off.....

Another point if he scammed you from a rental site please fwd it to them ,
so they can warn other owners :evil:

Welcome to LMH Im glad your first encounter with us was a good one.Hope you stay on board and join in the postings. :wink: :D ..
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi Gebbe and Anna :lol: Glad the "Pastor" didn't con you. He is sometimes a "professor" as well, occasionally a Doctor and a missionary has been known to creep in too ( No jokes about positions Paul thankyou :lol: ). Happy postings :lol:
vicalvilla

Post by vicalvilla »

Just ask them to pay the full amount of their stay by bank transfer "only"... you will never hear from them again.
paolo wrote:Christian delegations are a very popular scam, put bargepole away, do not touch.
gebbe

Post by gebbe »

Thanks for all your supportive reactions, makes me feel like suddenly having a biiig family out there.... :D
Actually, I only today found out that I accidentally landed in a holiday rental owners club.... guess I was too taken with the Pastor and the name "lay my hat". I intend to stick to the latter:idea: :roll: :twisted: :wink: :) :D
PS. I do rent rooms to partly "regular visitors" and partly people who come to Tønder to get married and in this course have to spend 3 nights in the commune ... lucky for me 8)
thinking of tieing the knot? Get married in Tønder, Denmark's Gretna Green!
Chambo

'Pastor' - ahem - John King

Post by Chambo »

Wow - I can't believe he nearly got you too! Well done for backing out of his greedy grasp in time.
I'd like to second how helpful this website is - I'm usually a sucker for people who are 'nice' and would perhaps have been in the same boat as you, if it were not for the very quick replies to my initial posting.
So cheers again and happy bookings!
Anna x