Best rental Co for Spanish rental

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
mario

Best rental Co for Spanish rental

Post by mario »

What do you spanish owners think of my ratings for the rental sites or any owner come to that,I have done a lot of research over the last year and have come up with the following list.

BEST FOR SPANISH HOLIDAY RENTAL Co

1 ownersdirect.co.uk
2 Holiday-rentals.co.uk
3 Homelidays.com
4 holidaylets.net
5 costaholidays.com
6 latelet.com
7 Holidaylettings.co.uk
8 Choosespain.com
9 vrbo.com
10 Rentinspain.co.uk
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Hi Gino

We spent 2 seasons with HR and the enquiry rate was pretty abysmal, so have ditched them this year seeing as they are the most expensive. Owners Direct seem better for me but it's early days and the enquiries have only just really started, well 4 last week but that's good for me :oops:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Choosespain and OD are fairly consistent with coverting enquries to bookings. Our own website is still the number one for bookings!

Partridge I agree too....H-R...abysmal, won't be renewing with them!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Mario

Thanks for that

I would be very interested how you came to these conclusions

[if its complicated speak..... very slowly :roll: ]

Did you stop at 10 or have you just shown the top ten.

Last year my top ones were
OD
Portside
Rentinspain
HLets
Click 4

Holiday Lettings and ChooseSpain were new this year and have started well
OD still the best though so far
Had a booking off Holiday Lettings today and a Holiday Lets one I passed on has been booked today
mario

Post by mario »

Thanks for that
I would be very interested how you came to these conclusions [

Hi Ros,I basically looked thru all the sites looking at my area and noted who had acieved the most bookings,also by reading this forum as well
ashtondav

Post by ashtondav »

Mario, how did you establish
who had acieved the most bookings
exactly?
Sometimes i sits and thinks - and sometimes i just sits...
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

exactly?
exactly!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Purely by there availibility
WELL ive thrown you completely then as I dont do availability[and there are a lot who dont :roll:]

and how would you know all the companies the ones that showed availabilty were using as they dont always say :o ...

I dont mean to sound critical
as sometimes these findings are useful but only if there done in the right way and I find misinformation is worse than no information...as some people believe everything they see[not Lmhatters though :roll: ]
Blodyn

Post by Blodyn »

Hi Mario

OD is also my best by far.

One thing tho' - if someone is listed on a number of list sites - how do you know which site was the one to get the initial booking :?:

Blodyn
I love Wales - but oh the rain........
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Mario, the other thing to consider with calendars is that you never know how many 'bookings' are for the owner themselves, distorting the picture somewhat.

Having said that, we can only work with what information we can get, so I regularly look at other sites, recognise how many other sites some owners from my area use and have a mental note of the 'best' performing properties' (only from calendars obviously). I can tell you that there are some that are not very special in any way and my conclusion is that their calendars are full of private/family holidays. There are some that offer a USP like Pauliner's penthouse, so unless way overpriced (like one penthouse owner I found) go fairly well. Then there are some that price VERY low out of peak with fullish looking calendars, so the knock down price must be the factor.

I tried reducing prices on HR and still no enquiries, so after feedback switched to OD and so far have had a much better response.

Research, research and then a bit of research :roll:

Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Oh, Partridge, I did reduce ours after a couple of comments said it might be a bit overpriced.

Pauline
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Weird, we're getting the exact opposite to Partridge and Crystal, eight bookings (so far) from HR enquiries in the past fortnight!
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Oops, I didn't mean you Pauline I was referring to a penthouse that was charging £1000 per week, needless to say he was empty. Having said that, an enquirer who couldn't get booked last year with me ended up renting the penthouse at a reduced rate. Her feedback on return was not favourable. Basically she was led to beleive the tennis courts were on site (no, the municipal ones at the marina) / the place was cluttered up with personal stuff / the furnishings were dated. What I gleaned from that was if owners wanted to charge more than anyone else, they ought to 'produce the goods' so to speak, or risk unhappy guests.

Interestingly though Pauline, the lady who does very well, does not appear to have as many bookings as usual for this time of year and can only assume it is because there are more penthouses now being offered, which is why I thought you may want to pitch your price under as opposed to above hers but I'm afraid it really is very much 'suck it and see' so to speak :lol: