Best advertising sites for Italy

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Giulia

Best advertising sites for Italy

Post by Giulia »

What are the best sites for Italy?
I have a house in Umbria and I currently advertise with HR, OD and Homelidays (just signed up). I have not had any enquiries from October, but lukily a lot of visitors from last year booked again after their holiday.
How is it going with everybody else renting a property "nel bel paese"?
Giulia
wwwlaporcilaia.co.uk
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Definitely try slowtrav classified ads. if you have time to participate in the forum that's another good source of potential guests. I advertise my Rome apartment there and get a lot of requests - but am high up on the list because I've been with them for a while now. I wish there were a site like that for my places in Bonaire...
memes

Post by memes »

Hi
You know from my previous thread that I'm finding it very quiet at the moment too.
I also use slowtrav and the italy magazine online classifieds. Have had one booking from both. I think if you join the forum on italy mag they give you a 3 month free trial.
Homelidays may be worth considering too - I don't use them now but I think they do a free trial as well.

Had a look around 'rival' places near me last night on HR and OD and I can see they are in similar situations to me - few prime weeks booked usually but plenty of availability. Suggest you do the same - it might make you feel better.

Good luck and do let me know if you find out about any more sites which focus on Italy.

memes
Giulia

Post by Giulia »

Thanks Memes/ Rocky I am new to renting out my property as this is our second year. The forum has been a great help! I have had a couple of enquiries from travel library last year and they are free. :D
Giulia
memes

Post by memes »

I had a look at your bookings and I think you've done amazingly well to have so much booked - especially as you say they are mostly repeat bookings - thats fantastic..
yes I'm on travel library to - never had an enquiry though!
Cheers

M
Giulia

Post by Giulia »

We don't have a pool and because of this we have kept our prices low. Also some of the bookings are for ourselves when the extended family visits.
Giulia