find a gite in france.com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Loopy Lou

find a gite in france.com

Post by Loopy Lou »

Anyone heard of this one? I have been told that it's a new site with 900 hits so far but doesn't have enough gites to meet demand. Also does campsites. Charging 9.99 euros per year per gite or camping according to my friend.

It is pretty sparse at the moment. And it doesn't cover just France so the site name is misleading. Is it better to be a big fish in a small pond? There is nothing on the site giving information to potential advertisers. Are they genuine, I wonder?

Any thoughts?

LL
Louise
www.lacharronniere.com delightful gites in the Vienne countryside.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Lou, if you haven't done so yet (can't recall where you're at with this exactly) I think you have to bite the bullet and go for some of those high street sites, I really do - you will be much more likely to get enquiries and fill your weeks this way, I feel sure. Don't waste any more of your energy; you may save money initially by not using them, but you won't make as much either!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Good Advice GG[as always] :wink:
Loopy Lou

Post by Loopy Lou »

I'm with Holiday Lettings, Homelidays, Owners Direct and Visit France. I've been contacted by Gitelink and Relax in France, but I haven't followed up with them so far. I'm getting enquiries from Holiday Lettings, but no bookings as yet. Fingers crossed.

I simply asked if anyone had heard of this new site to see if there might be any point in joining it. Not particularly impressed with the site myself, but wondered what the more experienced amongst you thought.

Night all - bedtime!

LL
Louise
paolo

Re: find a gite in france.com

Post by paolo »

Loopy Lou wrote:I have been told that it's a new site with 900 hits so far
One to avoid then. One of my sites has had 162,000 hits this month, which represents 2,600 visits to the site. You would expect an effective listing site to have many hundreds of times more than this.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
marcus

Post by marcus »

There is something not right here...I'm pretty sure france.com isn't a new site, and they will surely get way more than 900 hits a month - I would guess way more than 1000 unique visitors a day. They are number 2 for the search term 'France' - no mean achievement, and lots of other terms as well

Perhaps their gite section is new? I couldn't find it when I looked, and never came across them from a gite bookings point of view. So I wouldn't rush to advertise with them.

Lou, sounds like you have enough ads already, I'd sit back and put your feet up.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Seems to be more of a portal for sponsored links? Doing a search for 'gites' throws up Chez Nous, Holidays Wanted, and The High Street Web (don't know this one), followed by links to individual properties - but no real blurb or pics to tempt the visitor to click through....
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Loopy Lou

Post by Loopy Lou »

Load of p**p then! :lol:
Louise