Is this my 1st scam enquiry

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
mario

Is this my 1st scam enquiry

Post by mario »

Dear Mr Christopher Roberts,

I would like to enquire about the following properties:

Casa Sandra (SC19098)

30 July 2007 - 12 August 2007

Adults: 2 Children: 2

I am a travel agent w/Balboa Travel, and my clients are 2 adults and 2 children (approx 12 & 13).

Please let me know the approx cost/availabilty of your property and if available any additional information you may have.

Thank you,
Dolores

Best regards,

Dolores Otto (DoloresOtto@verizon.net)
Telephone: xxx-598-5324
paolo

Post by paolo »

I can't tell from that. There is a Balboa Travel in the US. Some enquiries from travel agencies are genuine.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Mario, if they've given you a contact number I would follow up with a telephone call to verify whether it is genuine or not....most scammers give a 'dud' 'phone number.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Take care their telephone number is not an ultra-expensive premium line - this is a long-standing scam.

MG
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Take care their telephone number is not an ultra-expensive premium line - this is a long-standing scam
True...never thought of that! :oops:
I have (just out of curiosity... 9 lives and so on!) 'phoned telephone numbers of scam enquiries...and they have always been 'dud'...either permanently engaged...or have a disconnected tone. I assume if you were on a premium line scam then you would be diverted to an automatic voice message with 'push button' commands.
mario

Post by mario »

The Telephone No is 925-598-5324 and does not match to there contact No.I have e-mailed her and asked for her exact location,lets see what she says.I have also e-mailed Balboa Travel and asked if its one of their compatriats.

http://www.balboa.com/home/pages.php?section=
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Mario....

If your not sure thats what I do ask them loads of questions........That normally frightens them off..... :wink:

I do feel a bit uneasy about this enquiry though :roll: ......Just let these clever clogs here know the responses they will soon ....suss it out :wink:
mario

Post by mario »

Had another one and it generates from Nigeria,blimey ads only been out for about 3 days and 3 enqirys 2 scams by the look of it,welcome to letting.