Videos to boost bookings

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
sazzleevans

Videos to boost bookings

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

Just been playing and have created a site which i am going to refer people to if they are considering booking my apartment. The area is quite unknown, Huelva so it might work.

What do you think??

http://www.islacanela.magnify.net/
SARAH
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Sarah,

I have no idea if it will make any difference to your bookings but that video site must have taken an enormous amount of time and effort to produce. I'm sure it's not all your own work but, even so!

Fluffy
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Thank you. I am off work sick at the moment and am always looking for things to do. Hence the site. I am getting quite addicted to it. You sort of go off on a hunt for videos and end up goodness knows where. Quite good fun but think its time i washed the dishes!!

Sarah
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Sarah,

Maybe I just haven't been reading the right threads, but I don't think I've "seen" you around LMH for a while -- so welcome back! :)

I think the video site is a great idea. Thinking ahead to the next time I'm at our property and want to take videos, I wonder if my little camera's video function would be good enough, or whether I should consider investing in or borrowing a real video camera?
Brooke
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

Yes thats for remembering me. I havent been too well with one thing and another so have been very quiet but this week i started to feel much better and started to play with this video site.

I am sure you dont need to buy a new camera. Most the videos of the site i am sure were taken with a camera phone. I really like the site and am having fun playing with it. Its quite funny what you can find out there!!

Sarah
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Brooke,

Some digital cameras in video mode produce perfectly acceptable audio/video "movies" for use on the Internet, so long as they have big memory cards and even bigger batteries.

I use a FujiFilm S5500 with a 512 mb card and that gives me 14 minutes of audio/video. It's not expensive but I always finish up with "blat fatteries".

Fluffy
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Good to know that about the batteries -- I'll be sure to bring extra, then!

Oh, the possibilities. I should be keeping a list of all the great LMH ideas I've gotten for my next visit!
Brooke