Abritel.

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!

I considered Abritel one of the best and now that Homeaway have taken them over I fear the same fate for them as H-R. Since the Homeaway takeover H-Rs rental enquiries have fallen through the floor .... it may be a coincidence but the reality remains.

This is truly a horrible eventuality. Time to look for the number two independent in France (other than Gite de France which is a waste of time!)
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Clexane wrote:NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!

I considered Abritel one of the best and now that Homeaway have taken them over I fear the same fate for them as H-R. Since the Homeaway takeover H-Rs rental enquiries have fallen through the floor .... it may be a coincidence but the reality remains.

This is truly a horrible eventuality. Time to look for the number two independent in France (other than Gite de France which is a waste of time!)
That's what is worrying me too.

Fluffy
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

We used them to no effect, I found their searches far too wide: if you searched for Calvi you got loads of irrelevant properties miles away, plus the type of enquiries we got where of no use at all. "Is it available from tomorrow night (mid-August)?)", "We are a party of 15 and want a pool, and cannot pay more than 10p" etc etc. I am shocked that the HA group have bought this pile of C**P.

Mind you, one man's meat is another's poison..........ie Homelidays is working out the best for us this year and not for others.
Cheers
PC