Lottery jackpot

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
cromercrabholiday

Lottery jackpot

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Received this today. It's all so credible - not.
John

Camelot Group
Uk National Lottery
Award Headquarters
P.O.Box 1010
London UNITED KINGDOM
(Customer Services)
Batch Number:7GB/M5/0EMK
Reference Number:UK/NL2007/01MK

BRITISH AWARDS NOTIFICATION

We are pleased to inform you of the result of the just concluded annual final draws of Uk National Lottery.This draws was conducted from an exclusive list of 25,000,000 e-mail addresses of individual and corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random computer ballot search from the internet as part of our international promotions program which in conducted January 2nd of every year.No tickets were sold.After this automated computer ballot, your e-mail address attached to serial number
06-3434 drew the lucky numbers 7-17-21-26-37-42 which subsequently emerged you as one of first Thirty (30) lucky winners in this category.

You have therefore been approved for a lump sum payout of 450,000.00GBP (Four Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great british pounds Sterling) in cash credited to file EU/07-GBNL/2007. This is from a total cash prize of 13,500,000.00 Million Pounds shared amongst the first fifty (30) lucky winners in this category.

This year Lottery Program Jackpot is the largest ever for Uk National Lottery. The estimated 13,500,000.00 Million jackpot would be the Fifth-biggest in European history ever. The biggest was the 100 Million Pounds jackpot that went to Four winners in January 2nd. 2003 drawing of The Big Game Mega Millions' predecessor.

Your fund is now deposited in an offshore bank with a hardcover insurance. Due to the mix up of some numbers and names, we advice that you keep this award from public notice until your claim has been processed and your money remitted to you,as this is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming or unwarranted taking advantage of this program by the general public.

Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative office in London. In view of this, your 450,000.00GBP would be released to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize. Our agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds to you as soon as you make contact with him.

To begin your claim please contact our licensed and accredited agent assigned to you:
Mr Nicolas Coleman
FOREIGN SERVICES MANAGER
TEL:+44-703-590-0363
+44-702-409-1440
FAX:+44-709-288-6260
Email:mails_agentcoleman@yahoo.co.uk
You are required to contact his offices with the following:
1, Full Names:
2, Winning E-mail:
3, Reference Number:
4, Batch Number:

Note that all prize funds must be claimed not later than 12 weeks.
After this date all funds will be credited to the account of the National Lottery as unclaimed. In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please endeavor to quote your Reference Number:UK/NL2007/01MK and Batch numbers:Batch Number:7GB/M5/0EMK in every correspondence with your claims agent. Furthermore, should there be any change in your address, do inform your claims agent as soon as possible.

Congratulations once again from all members of our staff and thanks for being part of our promotions program.

Yours faithfully,
Sir.Peter Middleton
Promotion Manager
UK NATIONAL LOTTERY
British Sweepstakes Intl.
Marks

Post by Marks »

And I thought I was the only winner :roll:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi John...
There was an article in the paper this week about a chap who lost thousands on this...... :roll:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Ros wrote:Hi John...
There was an article in the paper this week about a chap who lost thousands on this...... :roll:
I'm probably going through one of my "thick" moments but how does one lose thousands on things like this? Is it that they want your Bank details if you respond?

Fluffy
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I'm probably going through one of my "thick" moments
:shock:

No Fluffs, What happened was that he got this email and then a following one that he had to send administration fee of thousands of pounds to collect it[I know :wink: :roll: ]

It was only when they sent a request for more administation costs that he smelt a rat........ :(
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Ros wrote:
I'm probably going through one of my "thick" moments
:shock:

No Fluffs, What happened was that he got this email and then a following one that he had to send administration fee of thousands of pounds to collect it[I know :wink: :roll: ]

It was only when they sent a request for more administation costs that he smelt a rat........ :(
Poor fellow! He must have had an "otherwise enabled" sense of smell.

Fluffy
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Poor fellow! He must have had an "otherwise enabled" sense of smell.
:wink: :lol: :lol: ..exactly.....
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Dear All,

Oh! Happy Days, I've won the UK Lottery - again.

I’m over the moon and not at all suspicious, or am I? I do wonder why these "dickheads" imagine that UK Lottery winners are paid in US $'s.

I’d rather have a bag of crisps or should I say chips so that I am understood in the country of the e-mail’s origin?

Fluffy
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I won it too Fluffy :lol: Hey, you know what- I know someone who actually did win it ( years ago when the prize money was BIG). She had a similar lifestyle before she won it but could now indulge even more( personal shopper- ugh !_), chauffeur driven car to go shopping,wait outside,drive her back home etc. Her children were already at independent school so they stayed there and just spent more - stretched limos to parties etc.She had been happily married for well over 20 years. The upshot? They are now divorced. Both bitter. She is living with a bloke who doesn't work.The money isn't flowing any more. She's resigned to life I suppose. One child is Ok and comes into a pile of money that was put in trust soon, the other is totally OTT and he's not been enhanced by the experience. The money would have been good if it was a smaller amount I think. Why do people need millions? What a shame. :cry: Mind you, I might still go and buy a lottery ticket on Saturday :wink:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

We got 5 numbers once[missed the first] got £1996......
and it was £1996 so it did seem a bit spooky...

when i say we I mean the sort of we that means my hubby bought the ticket and i helped him spend it...seems fair
[but we didnt let it change us :roll: ...I was like this before :wink: ...
Hubby laughed as I was saying who we would treat with our/his winnings...and when Id finished we had spent more than we had won...

He made me laugh cos at the time he said right Im going to use different nos now dont want to be using these all the while......
Im not going to make a note of them or anything.......dont want to be having to use them...frightened of losing out one week when we hadnt bought any...knowing the nos...

Then had the winning ticket and chq framed :wink: :roll: :lol:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Fraise,

Having more money, even a lot more money, would enhance my way of life but it wouldn’t change it.

The people you are talking about don’t have a way of life but think a lot of money could buy one for them.

Their problem is that they don’t even know what a way of life means.

That’s why I don’t fall for this sort of nonsense, and they do.

Fluffy
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Sad isn't it ? :?