Fax marketing

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

"To be honest I have no idea why people even have a fax machine in this day and age."

Have to agree, so why do you have one?
Cheers
PC
Garri

Post by Garri »

Interesting in a blog format but I cannot see where the pay day comes from as there is no affiliate ID in the links.
That's for us to worry about and for you to watch in total awe ;-)
Going back later to get a commission? add aff links later?
Actually, we took off all the affiliate links we did have. We'll be taking down the 'sponsored links' too, replacing them with something completely different. And we'll never include Adsense in a million years.

As for commissions, that's just tacky and I'd rather gnaw my right arm off than stoop that low ;-)
Maxd

Post by Maxd »

Garri wrote:
Interesting in a blog format but I cannot see where the pay day comes from as there is no affiliate ID in the links.
That's for us to worry about and for you to watch in total awe ;-)
Going back later to get a commission? add aff links later?
Actually, we took off all the affiliate links we did have. We'll be taking down the 'sponsored links' too, replacing them with something completely different. And we'll never include Adsense in a million years.

As for commissions, that's just tacky and I'd rather gnaw my right arm off than stoop that low ;-)
Well good luck. Must be ads then from holiday owners then. Only so many way to skin a cat :)
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

"Must be ads then from holiday owners then. Only so many way to skin a cat"

I am sure all you faithful clients would love to see this post...........mass mail out anyone.
Cheers
PC
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

To be honest I have no idea why people even have a fax machine in this day and age.
I find them quite useful for sending signed contracts around, and also for the occasional business transaction that requires a signature.

Though I could probably do all that with a scanner and pdf converter as well -- but nowadays most scanners come with faxes too.

Fax marketing is absolutely vile. Even if I saw something on a spam fax that piqued my interest, I wouldn't follow up, on principle.
Brooke
Maxd

Post by Maxd »

Seymour Butts. wrote:"Must be ads then from holiday owners then. Only so many way to skin a cat"

I am sure all you faithful clients would love to see this post...........mass mail out anyone.
Seymour Butts. Butt being the operative word :) Come on you are rather antagonistic.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

"Come on you are rather antagonistic."

When there is a spammer in the house, I see it as an obligation.

You can call me what you like, even a Butt, as long as it's not too early in the morning!
Cheers
PC
A-two

Post by A-two »

Max,
You need to be very careful about any form of telephone marketing in the US, fax and cellphone included, or you could be in for a big shock. There's a US Federal Do-Not-Call list and lots of US States have their own lists as well, NY included. Anyone can register their landline and cell phone lines for free, it's a click of the mouse, so there's no way to know who is on it. Marketers subscribe to the lists, for which serious amunts of money pass hands. Violators are subject to a $2,000 fine, and that's per offense, not cumulatively. But I guess you know all that already since you're already doing it.... :)

By the way, does your date blocker do just that, or does it run alongside a property management system as well? Always, looking for improvements, but not sure that yours has more to offer than the system I use now. I'd like to know which listing site calendars it can update.

Thanks,
J
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Maxd wrote
"Come on you are rather antagonistic."

PC wrote
When there is a spammer in the house, I see it as an obligation :wink: :D [spot on]

Maxd wrote
Quote:
To be honest I have no idea why people even have a fax machine in this day and age.
Ros wrote
Well not so you can fill it full of your cr*p thats for sure :evil: ....

Ive got a letterbox but dont want you to send me Loads of unsolicited stuff either ........The fact Ive got one doesnt mean you have the right to fill it :twisted: ......
alec

Faxs

Post by alec »

Faxing
The only issue is for legality I suppose, in this day and age

for it is certainly not for quality at the distant end
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

One of the few things I recall from a marketing seminar I attended a number of years ago, was not to produce marketing materials that constituted litter. In other words, spax famming, fliers, inserts in papers. Not because they don't work (they may or may not) but because they turn into litter with your company's name on it. Not a good advertising ploy.

Soemthing I mentioned on another thread somewhere was cards in newsagents etc. I can hear some of you falling about with laughing. Well I did this, and so far I've had 2 enquiries, one of which is looking like turning into a 2 week booking. Now I'm not proposing everybody does that, because it was extremely time-consuming driving around and finding appropriate localities, but it does show that you shouldn't scorn old-fashioned methods too quickly.

So I'm inventing newsagent spamming.

Pauline
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'