Holiday lettings availability calendar

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
alifrank1

Holiday lettings availability calendar

Post by alifrank1 »

I don't know if anyone else has an issue with this calendar? I had an email today saying they have now "improved" their calendar by striking through the dates that are booked.

When I looked at my calendar I noticed that the changeover days were struck through as well. I was not happy about that and phoned Holiday lettings to tell them but they seemed to think it was a better option :shock: They told me that people with IE 7 have problems seeing the colours, but surely this is down to IE 7 to correct rather than us having to change a good system?

If I were looking for a holiday period from the availability calendar, I would presume the days that are struck through could not be booked, when in fact they are changeover days and could be booked. (not sure if I'm making much sense)!

I really am not happy about this, they say it "shouldn't" make any difference, but it could do and I feel we may be losing odd days of bookings because of this.

Am I the only person who has noticed/feels that there is a problem?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Just checked mine, changeover days are not struck through on my calendar.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

HelenB wrote:Just checked mine, changeover days are not struck through on my calendar.
Not sure why you haven't got the strikethroughs Helen, I can see mine quite clearly (apart from the numbers 8, 9 and 4 where they seem to get hidden in the number)
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Mine aren't struck through either. In fact I like their availability calendar, it is like hoildaylets.net, very easy to update, just click on the squares, the changeover days are automatically taken into account. The one I find a pain is the H-R.com site. You have to find the dates on a drop down list, you can't just click on the calendar days as with the other 2 sites, then you have to make sure if a week is booked, for example 1st May - 8th May, that you only enter 1st May - 7th May. If you don't, the 8th May then shows as unavailable, meaning you could lose out on a booking for that week.
Can't you do better H-R.com?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

My next booking starts on Sunday 4th , scored through but gren/red triangle. I'm fully booked until March 13th which again is half and half,but not scored through. Check it on your browser , property number is 11541
Last edited by Hells Bells on Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

The arrival date is scored though, as it is a booked night, but not the departure date, I would have thought that was fair enough.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

HelenB wrote:The arrival date is scored though, as it is a booked night, but not the departure date, I would have thought that was fair enough.
What concerns me is that because the arrival date is scored through people who want to book directly before them may not think they can leave on that day as it is struck through, especially as they are saying that anyone who has changed over to IE 7 cannot differentiate the colours.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

To be honest I don't see why they've done it, except perhaps because of the IE7 problem. Can someone check it out in IE7 please? I don't want to even download it.
To be fair though, the key at the top of the calendar indicates which is arrival and which is departure.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

IE 7 have a lot of issues, which is why I haven't changed either. I would have thought the issue should have been brought up with them, not making our calendars confusing.
Garri

Post by Garri »

people with IE 7 have problems seeing the colours
Actually, that's just the beginning of their problems ;-)

The MS campaign surrounding the launch of IE7 was something along the lines of: Is the internet ready yet? But the real question of course should've been: are they (MS) ready yet?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Surely as the square is only half coloured in red this indicates it is a changeover day, doesn't it? It does to me anyway. And if you do a search for a particular week including the day that is scored through, the week still shows as available, so I can't really see what the problem is.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

The square is half red and half green to you as you don't have IE 7. If you can't see the colours, which apparently you can't on IE 7, it would show as a strikethrough. This is my gripe :?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Yes but it wouldn't be a strikethrough if the date is available for a guest to book would it, as it is only 'struck through' if the night is already booked.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

ok, ok I don't think I'm making myself clear :(

A guest might want to finish their holiday on a date that is struck through. They will see that it is struck through and then may decide they can't use that day. Confused? yes, so am I :?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

It may be struck through but it is only half red, which to me means that it is a changeover and they can therefore leave on that day, so they will have the previous night and a part of the day. They can't have the whole day anyway, as the following week is booked, so I'm still not getting the problem!