Holiday lettings availability calendar

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

La Vache wrote:It may be struck through but it is only half red, which to me means that it is a changeover
Ok, it is only half red to you because you don't have IE7 so you can see both red and green. Anyone who has IE7 would not see the different colours, just the strikethrough so it looks like it is not available at all.

This is the email I got today:

In response to a recent request from holidaymakers who were struggling to view colours on the calendars in the IE7 browser, we have improved our availability calendar. The latest version of the calendar now has a strikethrough on dates that are booked to help visitors see at a glance when your property is available.

.......... I'm beginning to regret starting this thread :(
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Actually, I have got IE7 and it does show red (booked) and green (available) .....it looks exactly the same as it does in Firefox to me!
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

......... then what is the need for the strikethroughs then?

Confused? Yes I am!
gh

Post by gh »

Just noticed this below my calender

Colour Coding Explained

Sorry wont let me cut and paste it.......... seems a good explanation of the new look.

Helen
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

This may seem like a stupid question (especially because I'm not on HL and don't know how their calendar works), but are you sure that you've set your changeover days at the end of a stay to "Available" (if you are supposed to, that is)?

I think of my booked weeks as Saturday to Saturday, but in availability calendars I have to mark them as Saturday to Friday.
Brooke
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

johnel wrote:Just noticed this below my calender
Colour Coding Explained
Sorry wont let me cut and paste it.......... seems a good explanation of the new look.
Helen
Yes Helen, we can see that but renters can't.

Vrooje - yes, I have done my bookings correctly. I didn't have a problem until they changed it.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

There is a key to the colours at the top of the calendar though that is quite clear.
gh

Post by gh »

alifrank1 wrote: Yes Helen, we can see that but renters can't.
Oops, forgot I was in the owners area.

What the renters see above the calender explains it too. I'll get my coat......

Helen
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I went in as a renter on IE7 and it was still red and green, the same as for an owner - am I colourblind? What colour are you seeing?
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

I see red and green. It was the guy I spoke to today at holidaylettings who said some people have problems and it's in the email they sent.

.......... I think I'll drop this thread :roll: