add a search for availability

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
willemijn

add a search for availability

Post by willemijn »

looking at most modern websites with several properties on them, they all have this search part where visitors can put in the dates and some properties come up that are still available.

What are the pro's and cons of such a search?

I first wanted to try to include it, because I rent out several properties. Then later I thought it is far too inflexible, I rather have the extra work and enquiries. I think it is important to receive an enquiry and then get into a more personal dialogue with potential renters about the different properties available.

Who has ever tested the difference between having a search option and not? It makes websites even more impersonal. Maybe this is only my feeling?
Willemijn Lindeboom
www.villainumbria.com
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I've never tested it -- but I agree with you that I'd rather get into a dialogue and offer the potential client a different week or at least be able to plant the seed of another potential booking next year!

The site we primarily advertise on has recently re-vamped their entire site. It's a great improvement, and it has a well-done availability calendar *and* a search by date option. We haven't gotten as many inquiries as we usually do, and I've been wondering if that could be why. We're still doing fine, but last year we got at least one inquiry a day around this time.
Brooke
willemijn

Post by willemijn »

That is my impression as well.

However, renting several properties in Umbria, maybe NOT having such a 'modern' search facility makes my website for visitors irritating, because they have to search longer and open more pages to see what is still available when ...

Would there be a better solution than the searches they all have these days?
Willemijn Lindeboom
www.villainumbria.com
paolo

Post by paolo »

Willemijn,

We are straying here from talking about owning rental properties to talking about owning a rental listing site, aren't we?
Paolo
Lay My Hat