Needy Guests!!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Hells Bells

Needy Guests!!

Post by Hells Bells »

No, not hard up ones, but those that take more looking after. Why do some people, book, pay, stay, and others book, then worry over the payment method, lose the invoice for the balance, text/email several times about sleeping arrangements, and need their hands holding every step of the way? I've had guests forget they booked using a different email address too, and wondering why I hadn't been in touch.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Oh, I agree Helen. You can usually get the idea from the outset. Like the woman who asked if we had a kitchen at the cottage. :roll: Yes, that is what "self catering" means! I'm glad when folk like that don't book cos you know you are in for many phone calls re trivial items.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I had several texts on New Years Day, asking if there was a problem with the ski school, as they hadn't replied to an email (it had only been sent that morning).
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Sue, funny though, we booked a hotel once near STansted airport in the days when Easyjet didn't fly from Newcastle. They sent us to a beautiful cottage about 2 miles or so from the hotel. It was beautifully furnished, lovely bathrooms and a huge four-poster bed. But there wasn't a kitchen, or even a kettle. We were very thirsty by the time we got to the hotel for breakfast.