Ting-a-ling!!!

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
ginelli

Ting-a-ling!!!

Post by ginelli »

Yes, alarm bells started ringing with this one. Could be genuine, but the terrible S...... word!!!

"Dear Gino

We are a group of five students studying Geology at Kingston University UK. We have been given a mapping project over the summer holidays in the Caramany area. We therefore require accomodation in Caramny or Belesta. We plan to focus on our work during the course of our stay.

We hope to hear from you soon."

They want to rent for one month in June. What advice can the wise-ones give me on this? How can I diplomatically get reassurances from them that the house will be looked after?

Thanks,

g
De l'audace, encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace (George-Jacques Danton)

www.hide-aways.com
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Gino, this one doesn't sound like a scam.

I would totally trust my youngest, who is doing History at Sheffield Uni - as long as he is not staying at my property.

Now what re-assurance would you like, will 'oh no, we won't do any damage' be alright?

I keep getting this mental picture of Pauls video of 'les enfants with a tin of white paint.'

Go for it - Robert
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Oohhh,well, maybe not a scam but perhaps a bigger security deposit than normal would be in order? Is anyone over 18/21?