Very Negative Comment in Guest book after 5 months!?!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
centime

Very Negative Comment in Guest book after 5 months!?!

Post by centime »

Just had my first negative comment submitted to my guest book after the guest stayed there in first week September LAST year. I have fixed the leak in the ceiling and the minor repairs that needed after the storm that blew off the roof tile when they were there, but the rest of the comments are a bit off the wall as I have guest staying there now in the same conditions and there is no problem. These complaining guests made a list - at the END, of the rental - and even wanted there rental refunded in full at the time, I later learned they had tried the same tactics in a nearby restaurant complaining about the food they had already scoffed down with the owner threatening to call the police. So what do I do allow the comment on the guest book and write a reply or not approve it? Help please as I think it is VERY strange they should wait 5 months to make this comment! :? :(
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Really strange!!! I'd get rid of it.
Sound like the elderly Mother and Son (definitely a mummys' boy) round here who go to Harry Ramsdens every two weeks or so, and always complain about the food (after eating it) so they get their meal free.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Centime...I wouldn't approve it because it took them 5 months after their holiday for them to make a comment on the online guestbook.

Don't worry....unfortunately we all at some point in time come across guests who are 'professional' moaners looking for things to complain about so that they can wangle a discount or refund. If they can't get their own way on that issue, then the only way they can retaliate is by making nasty (untrue or petty) comments in the guest book.

I know it's difficult not to be upset when dealing with these sort of people, but don't let them 'get to you'. :evil:
The positive comments in your guestbook far outweighs their negative one! :D
debk

Post by debk »

Hi, Centime -

I am so sorry to hear about your moaner. We try so hard to help guests have a positive experience and negative feedback can feel like a kick in the gut.

I know... because we had our first last summer. I did put her full comments in our guestbook (well, not the obscene emails she sent me afterwards) but I also gave myself some space to briefly reply to her complaints.

Why did I add the negative entry? Mostly because I committed to myself early on to post everything, good and bad. (It's what I would want from any place that I was going to rent.) Not everyone feels this way so you'll have to do what you think is appropriate.

Funny thing, the percentage of people writing in the guestbook -- all positive -- SKYROCKETED after this person left their nasty remarks. :lol:

Hang in there, Centime. You might try my remedy for the discouraged feelings that followed: I read my guestbook from front to back and remembered the hundreds of happy guests. Worked a treat.

Don't let them get you down!

Um abraço forte,
debk
A-two

Post by A-two »

Well said Debk.