Sunset house Bed and breakfast.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
lizshereen

Sunset house Bed and breakfast.

Post by lizshereen »

Please could you review my website I'm just a learner so please don't upset me too much!
thanks
Liz

www.holidaybandb-limousin.com
Last edited by lizshereen on Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bye for now, lizzy.x
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Hi,

Only had a quick look, but is that person in the pic under Luxury Caravan, taking a pee against the caravan?
Cheers
PC
paolo

Post by paolo »

Paul,

:lol: That's the sort of insightful feedback we're looking for! :lol:
Paolo
Lay My Hat
lizshereen

thanks!

Post by lizshereen »

now everyone will want to have a look, by the way I havent got a clue he might be!
bye for now, lizzy.x
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Maybe this post shoud be split between website reviews and managing your guests??????????

Sorry if I am bit over excited but the return of Seymour is a happy day for me....he will not tell, but a holiday romace was had me thinks!
Cheers
PC
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

First, let me bid welcome back to Seymour!

That's so funny... I actually had the same impression from that picture. It might be worth taking it off -- that's not an image you want associated with anything you're offering! :)

Overall, I think there is a lot of information on your site and it comes off generally well. Here are my comments:
  • The fact that you have text links at the top and bottom of your page is excellent -- it makes for easy navigation and it's good for search engine placement as well.

What are the google search and links at the bottom of your home page for? Do they help you get visits from other sites? If not, I'd take them off.

Textured backgrounds, while a good idea in principle, usually don't work. Yours is better than many, but it still makes your text a bit hard to read.

Some of your pictures are displayed as quite small on my screen. I'd make all of your pictures display as the same approximate size, perhaps 300 pixels wide.

Some of your pictures are rather large in file size (e.g., 100K). For thumbnails the size you're displaying, try to keep your images under 20K.
    you will have full use of our swimming pool and terrace with sun loungers, to relax in the French sunshine and sip the local wines and Beers...

I like this copy. It puts the reader at your property, and that's good. I did notice elsewhere that there were some odd spacings of words and that there were some spelling mistakes (e.g. croissants is spelled wrong on the table d'hotes page). Consider running a grammar/spellcheck on the text of your site.

The picture of the house in the trees is very nice -- that one really sets the mood. I also like the interior pictures a lot -- but again, I'd make them bigger.

I'm not a big fan of the animated gifs scattered throughout the site -- your property looks classy, but these animations aren't. Not every paragraph needs a graphic by it.
Did you say this is your first site? If so, you've done well!

Cheers,
Brooke