Directory Listings

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
jdabney

Directory Listings

Post by jdabney »

I have been wracking my brains trying to come up with a list of worthwhile and relevant directory sites, such as Yahoo, DMOZ, Business.com, Joeant, etc, which might help traffic to the site, like most of yours a house rental site.

Forgive me if you have covered ths topic before, but it is quite important. I find some are extremely expensive and others probably of little relevance.

Can anyone with a good knowledge of this area of seo help with some suggestions? So far I have only tried to register on Yahoo and it's expensive for a commercial site which I have no doubt it will consider us all to be.

Thanks for the ideas
mon269

Post by mon269 »

I’ve no doubt DMOZ is a good place to be if they ever list my site. I applied 7 months ago and again 4-5 months ago, and still no luck [or response or anything, just not a **cky bird].

A simple, sorry, your site is **ap would be better that not knowing anything.

Sorry about the rant, I had to get it off my chest. :(
jdabney

Post by jdabney »

My website chap says that's par for the course with DMOZ! Too popular I guess. So just hang in there as he reckons it's one of the best and doesn't cost