Nigerian-style scam from Atlanta?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Mountain Goat

Nigerian-style scam from Atlanta?

Post by Mountain Goat »

I realise this is a load of old cobblers, but a Whois check on this guy's ISP provider shows it's Bell South in GA, USA. 99.9% of this garbage is via that Israeli satellite ISP beaming to West Africa.

Simple question - could any US scammer produce such low-grade stuff as this?

Hello.
How are you?.My name is Mr Todd *****,I am a business man in profession.I saw your advert placement(room)on the internet and I had one of my daughter which her name is Jane ***** will be coming for an Holiday Vacation in your state.So before her Vacation from school I had already promise of sending her abroad because of her excellence performance in her education.So now your kindly assistance will be highly apprecaited in getting her any available (room) for her stay in the state.So I will want you to let me know's any of your available's months you have for rent and kindly get back with the prices for the availables dates,So i want you to send me your full names and and address where the payment is going to be send to okay and your phone number. *****@myway.com
So I await your urgent response..
Best Regards,
Todd *****.....

MG
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Not likely; even the newer Nigerian scams have better English than this. Nor would they be likely to use the words "Advert" or "Holiday Vacation".

I'd certainly report it to Bell South and see what they say...
Brooke
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

MG,

Are you able to post or pm me the full headers?
Cheers
PC
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thanks, guys. I will report to Bell South.

Headers not available as filtered through the listing site's system, only the DNS stuff for the originator's ISP and what they stuck into Google to find us; both of limited use.

MG