Anyone on www.holidaylettings.co.uk

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Ira

Anyone on www.holidaylettings.co.uk

Post by Ira »

I placed my property on holidaylettings.co.uk they gave me a free trial. Is there anyone listed on this site? Any information will be helpful
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Ira just a few...

viewtopic.php?p=41415#41415

free trial Eh.... if your already listed what info could help?

Welcome to LMH..... :wink:
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gh

Re: Anyone on www.holidaylettings.co.uk

Post by gh »

Ira wrote:I placed my property on holidaylettings.co.uk they gave me a free trial. Is there anyone listed on this site? Any information will be helpful
Welcome to LMH Ira, you are very fortunate to receive a free trial with Holiday Lettings, how long is your free trial? To my knowledge they offer 15mths for the cost of 12mths to new listings from LMH members.

We have listed with them for a few years now and found HL to be excellent.

Helen
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

You have done well as Ros and Helen have said Ira - and it's a good listing site. I have 3 weeks booked this year through Holiday Lettings, so good luck!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
cc

Post by cc »

used them for a year and they are the worst performing of the 3 that we use by a long way and our own site is now getting a lot more response. We are considering not renewing, they have not been worth the money.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

There is heaps more feedback here:

http://tinyurl.com/yrbkyc

- and on other threads if you do a search. Overall, they come up quite positively - though they aren't my best performer, and as we've seen with other sites, the work never stops in terms of making sure a listing site stays visible and delivers.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Gloria - Casina di Rosa

Post by Gloria - Casina di Rosa »

we generally renew all the portals which "pay for themselves": essentially if we get more than we paid for a portal, we renew our listing. We have listed with Holidaylettings.co.uk for the past two years, but this year we have had much better results.
I am not sure whether there are more Brits interested in our area or if it's just a coincidence.
Ira

Post by Ira »

Thank you all for advices. They gave me a free trial just because I'm from Croatia. They have a lot of inquires for my country but not enough properties, so they gave me 3 months free.
So far for my region Homelidays was great but this year they are a bit worse. How managing your booking all though paid sites or through your web site? I have 40 % through my site and the rest through others.
gh

Post by gh »

Ira wrote:Thank you all for advices. They gave me a free trial just because I'm from Croatia. They have a lot of inquires for my country but not enough properties, so they gave me 3 months free.
Hope it was of help Ira, thanks for your reply too. Wish you many bookings with HL.

Helen
janskov

Post by janskov »

I am in Croatia too and wish that some of all their inquiries could come my way.
I have had two enguiries this year from them and no bookings.
Anyway, good luck Ira. You have a really nice property and are working harder than most.
Why don't your join YHM?
Orion

Post by Orion »

We listed with HL about 5 weeks ago. We had enquiries within minutes and quite a few since. We have had one 2 week booking. I am convinced that our Friday changeovers put a lot of people off early in the season aswe have had replies to that effect when enquirers are 'reminded' it is friday to friday. From last years experience this matters less when there is less choice later on in the year.

I like the fact there are 16 photo slots available -so if you have a place that photographs well you can show it well and a couple of slots spare for area photos. I like it.

Bill
Ira

Post by Ira »

Thanks janskov, I'll join YHM. Hope I'll get some inquiries. It's sometimes really hard to figure what site can bring us more inquiries