Many Thanks for Your Feedback

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Kathleen & James

Many Thanks for Your Feedback

Post by Kathleen & James »

www.kaweahcottage.com

Many thanks to all of you for your thoughtful and astute comments. We've always been a bit uncomfortable with the black background. It's mainly a by-product of our lack of command over the software. A little more practice and we can begin to experiment with a different "feel" in the color scheme.
More intermixture of pictures and text is also a great note.
The inconsistent download performance is probably due to both the iWeb software and the .Mac server. It's all very user friendly but unfortunately not robust. The slideshow feature is cool but we may scuttle it if it's always slow to load. The software cost $70 USD, .Mac server account is $100 USD per year and we were able to put this together ourselves over a very short period of time. Thanks to all of you, we are now inspired to spend more time fine-tuning and upgrading the look and feel along with the new photos of the Cottage itself--interior shots with candles and fruit and exterior views with golden light and deck chairs.

Incidentally, we were hoping to hear mainly from "retreat" types, singles or couples. So far we have only heard from and booked families... with young kids... lots of 'em... and for a week at a time! Not what we expected but more than happy to accomodate. Are we missing something about our messaging or is it just too soon to tell (we're only six weeks old)?

It's a pleasure to see your sites and 'travel' to your homes as part of discovering this site and the community it serves.

Peace,

Kathleen, James and Daisy aka "Ranch Dog"
www.kaweahcottage.com
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Both...
Incidentally, we were hoping to hear mainly from "retreat" types, singles or couples.
I think youll find that these sort of people wont plan too far ahead...but flit off as the mood takes them ...or work allows...whereas with kiddiwinks more pre planning is needed...with school hols etc....
There might be a website geared up for these types...for you to link to....if there is Im sure one of the helpful lot here will be able to guide you :wink:

Good Luck.... :wink:
greenfrog

Re: Many Thanks for Your Feedback

Post by greenfrog »

Kathleen & James wrote: we were hoping to hear mainly from "retreat" types, singles or couples. So far we have only heard from and booked families... with young kids... lots of 'em... and for a week at a time! Not what we expected but more than happy to accomodate. Are we missing something about our messaging or is it just too soon to tell (we're only six weeks old)?
I agree with Ros that families are more likely to book ahead.

I doubt that it's anything to do with your message - I market my Paris apartment as Romantic Montmartre and go on and on about romance and still I get lots of families!! Not a problem - everyone's welcome! I've had several parents say they'd love to come back without the kids for a romantic holiday but I've also had the romantic anniversary-celebrators say they'd love to come back WITH their kids so I've just given up trying to understand!!

Best of luck - I think your place looks perfect for a retreat!

Elaine
Lounging on the lily pad...