AVG Upgrade problems

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
KathyG

AVG Upgrade problems

Post by KathyG »

I'm trying to upgrade AVG to the 7.5 version but it keeps saying 'Installation failed'. Then I tried uninstalling the old version and it says exactly the same thing. Any ideas folks?

Kathy
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Kathy, hi

I updated 5 last week - four went OK, and one had the same message as you. I ignored it, rebooted the PC and it wound up OK.

From memory there was a Forum to ask questions on their website, but haven't used it for ages. There's also a FAQ in the support section of grifsoft.com who publish it.

MG
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Thanks MG, rebooting didn't work but I found a solution for anyone else having the same problem. Apparently it's the Windows XP service pack 2 that caused the problem- I just clicked to allow popups from that site and it all sailed through - only about the 10th time I've tried it today!! :roll:

The forum and FAQ on the grisoft site is very user-unfriendly I think! :evil:

Kathy
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi...

I had problems doing this as well....got so far and then rejected...tried allsorts...
I managed to get the months free trial accepted though [so at least Im covered] and will try again in a month......