Feedback are welcome!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
neohiro

Feedback are welcome!

Post by neohiro »

Hi all,

casale-acquasparta

I've posted already my site in another section of this forum, but I guess this is the best to get feedback back!

Any comments or critics are appreciated..... but be nice, uhm!?! :lol:

Bye bye
Neohiro :D
Garri

Post by Garri »

Do you want the 'nice' first? Or do you want the bad news first? Your choice ;-)
neohiro

Post by neohiro »

:oops: the 'bad' before.... for sure! :shock:

I mean... if the 'good' one is really good... otherwise you can shot them togeter 8)

bye
neohiro :D
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Garri wrote:Do you want the 'nice' first? Or do you want the bad news first? Your choice ;-)
OK Garri,

As the surgeon said to his patient "I've got good news and I've got bad news, which do you want first?" The patient replied "I'll have the good news first". The surgeon responded "The good news is that your leg amputation was a complete success, the bad news is that we operated on the wrong leg�.

As long as you can be constructive with your destruction, does it really matter in which order the news (in this instance opinions) is delivered? Maybe that’s a daft question, bearing in mind the recent reaction we had from the owner of the upside-down “Hovis� cottage.

Fluffy
neohiro

Post by neohiro »

You're right Alan,
but if the bad new is a constructive one and it is made with sense... I can figure the good new out as a realy right one... so I will be more happy about it.

Don't know if I succeded to show my point of view!?! :roll:

Bye
casale-acquasparta
Garri

Post by Garri »

Alan, I thought I was being positive in my 'destruction' of the updown cottage site ;-) Trouble the lady had was not so much how I said it but the fact I was not alone in having technical problems with her form. Amazingly, those problems still exist. People are barmy really.

Before I give Neohiro the benefit of my insight I want to see him/her partake in reviews of other people's places first, other than a token: "you're site looks great!" (that's not a review)

I've learned my lesson with Jamaica villa review ;-)
neohiro

Post by neohiro »

Garri wrote:Do you want the 'nice' first? Or do you want the bad news first? Your choice ;-)
So.... Garri..... but where are these news?
Bad or nice welcome! 8)

Didi you post your answer just 3 seconds before I write this!
So now I now the news! :D

Holiday pad is your site? Looks so nice... why don't you advise my villas in your site, will be great. What can I do in exchange?

Ciao Garri
Bye
casale-acquasparta
Garri

Post by Garri »

What can I do in exchange?
No, it's not a link exchange fest, sorry.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Garri,
Alan, I thought I was being positive in my 'destruction' of the updown cottage site.
I didn't think you were being positive, I know you were being positive but the “updown� cottage lady turned out to be the "downside" cottage lady and was only looking for accolades. Thank goodness, she’s pushed off taking her illusions and delusions with her.
Before I give Neohiro the benefit of my insight I want to see him/her partake in reviews of other people's places first, other than a token: "you're site looks great!" (that's not a review)
That’s not a prerequisite to requesting a review, nor should it ever be. Why don’t you give this lady the enormous benefits to be had from your authoritative insights on Personal Web Sites? In other words, let’s get rid of this pretentious nonsense - just say what you think about her Web Site but try to say it nicely.

Fluffy
Garri

Post by Garri »

That’s not a prerequisite to requesting a review, nor should it ever be.
I thought it was. I need to re-read Paolo's post on this.
In other words, let’s get rid of this pretentious nonsense - just say what you think about her Web Site but try to say it nicely.
Alan, you're right.

Neohiro, you have a delightfully chic holiday home and your website is really nice ;-)
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

Lovely! Love the house, the pool, the trees.. your website is extremely user friendly, all the information I'm looking for is right there. I liked your frequently asked questions section (and now thinking of doing something similar). I like the large images. The only piece of advice I would give is to try and 'hide' the link to holiday-rentals better. At least move it to the bottom of your links, you really dont want people leaving your site to visit that one!

Hope that wasn't too harsh :roll:
neohiro

Post by neohiro »

Thanks to all of you! :wink:

Many thanks to Garri that has skipped the bad new...
Thanks to Alan to exhort Garri to give his impression on my site.
And thanks to Overboard for compliments.
I will think about make a FAQ page, just have to think about the right questions to answer in it.

Other feedback are appreciate.... so bad or nice doesn't matter!!!
Bye
casale-acquasparta
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Neohiro, you have a delightfully chic holiday home and your website is really nice
Come on Garri, we all know you can do better than that. It’s a pound to a penny that you have further thoughts – what are they?

"Really nice" is not your normal reaction to a Web Site, in fact I don't think you've ever said that before. Normally you would suggest positive technical improvements which could be made.

Neohiro is obviously not "upsidedown" cottage woman and you are a million miles better at this than I am so why hold back now?

Fluffy
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Neohiro,

I think your website is nearly nice. The home looks wonderful and the website shows it off to good effect.

The many photos are nearly good - some are a bit rough (and I am not the one to talk - suffering very poor photography skills myself), but I got confused on which could be clicked for larger versions and which could not. Also some of the larger pop-ups were VERY big.

But for me the biggest shame is the overall look. The top banner and side bar with navigation is very chic and professional, but the inner box with all the text is horribly confusing with too many design elements apparently just thrown in. All those different colours, the range of header styles with rounded corners, some half width headers, various different boxes with different fonts inside. All just trying too hard. I would have strongly advised you to keep it very simple and let the property and pictures speak for themselves.

Navigating the galleries is a bit confusing. Click galleries on the left, then select, say, indoor, its not possible to get back to the galleries page with out using browser back button. Oh, and by the way, all the beroom pictures are missing.

Please don't get me wrong, its not that bad, but it misses being great.

Content wise, it jumped around a bit. I found the further infos page a bit cluttered with lots of info. All very helpful, but not organised in any clear or obvious way.

And finally, I appreciate that English is not your mother tongue and you've done a pretty good job of publishing in English, but it may be worth getting a native to help tidy up some of the texts. For example, one would not normally talk about infos in the plural, better to say "further info". And similarly, the link on the navigation says "further infos", but the page opens with the title "additional informations". I would have preferred consistency.

Hope some of this helps. None of my criticism is definitive, its essentially a viewpoint.
neohiro

Post by neohiro »

Thanks a lot e-richard I really appreciate your comments on my website, and I must admit that you are right about on all that you said. I will handle those thing as soon as possible!
Yes, e-richard, I'm italian and english is not my lenguage, even go close to be :lol:

So to all people here... be patience with my english post! :shock:

Thanks again

:D

I must admit, Alan, you've stimulated my curiosity about what kind of feedback Garri can give to my website!

But I have to tell you.... now... I'm so curious about your comments on it!

Come on let me know!

Garri, Alan... don't be shy.....
Last edited by neohiro on Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bye
casale-acquasparta