Feedback Appreciated on Villa Website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Italian Fever

Feedback Appreciated on Villa Website

Post by Italian Fever »

Hi

I'd appreciate any feedback anyone has on our villa website. This will be our first rental season.

I've created the site using an "Idiots Guide to Creating a Webpage" plus the free CoffeeCup menu creator and a free slideshow code which I found by googling.

I need to read up on SEO as we don't come out well on Google at all, but I find that it is useful to direct interest from property listing sites to our website for further info when replying to their query.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Ric

http://www.luxuryitalianvilla.com

:lol:
neohiro

Post by neohiro »

Hi Italian fever,
great villa, so nice! the site is ok... the top is good... I will leave the frame in the page, but this is my personal suggest! I hate frames! :D

Great job, did you do it by yourself?

Take a look to the mine, too.
Bye
neohiro :D
casale-acquasparta
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

Hi Ric,

I want to see a little staging! Your website layout is very easy to use, which is good. I feel the pictures need a little pazazz. If I were you I would perhaps add a vibrant towel to the bathroom picture, fruit bowl to the kitchen, perhaps a few pictures on the wall. You have the house interior furnished but I would like to see it decorated too. For the exterior pictures I'd probably bring the Gazebo dining area up to the top, that looks lovely and so much fun! Then the shaded area with those wonderful conifers and landscaping and then the driveway (but maybe more greenery than paving?). I'd possibly replace the barbeque picture, perhaps with a picture of whatever food is popular where you are.

Your website is very nicely layed out. I focused on the photos, as for me, that was where I'd like to see a little more. I love the pool shot with the 4 chairs!
Italian Fever

Post by Italian Fever »

Many thanks Overboard. That's very useful. The pictures were taken at a stage when we needed to get it listed on a rental site quickly. In fact we were there just last week putting up pictures on the walls. I completely take your point.... and I think some new photos are called for when I return. Thanks a lot! Very useful. :D
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

Aah, the decorating stage, that's a fun part! :)
mon269

Post by mon269 »

It’s a coincidence but it may happen to someone else. I opened your site and checked what had been said in the review. When I came back to your site, the slideshow on the homepage was showing a poor looking bed on an empty white room. As a potential guest, that would have been the end of my visit. On the home page I expect to see only the best pictures, ONLY. Personally, I would only show exterior shots. I need to know where I am before I walk into your house. The text however, is very inviting, I even read it all and wanted to continue, and if you’ve read some of my other reviews, this is rare.

I found the navigation menus confusing. The expansion of the menus does not let me see what button I was on.

Have you considered adding a field for a phone number in the enquiries form? You may find people that do not have or do not check their emails and prefer to give you a phone number. They can add it to the message, but they may also look elsewhere.

The “About Puglia� menu does not display correctly. There is not enough room for “History and Facts� and you can not see the word “Facts�.

As you can see, very minor things to a very good web site. The header pictures sell the house from the first seconds (unless the slideshow spoils it).