A booking when the builders are in

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

mon269 wrote:I must be the unluckiest person in this business. :evil: .... Can you tell I’m not having a good day?
Oh dear, Mon, I have just caught up with this thread too (been busy elsewhere :wink: ), but can't really add anything more valuable than sympathy and commiserations..

Builders and punters sounds like a Basil Fawlty-esque kind of combination, and probably - no, deffo - best avoided. I would have done the same thing in your situation... do give us a building progress report, Mon.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Mon :) ...

It is a shame...
:( ...but talking realistically maybe they wouldnt all have actually booked...what is you percentage of enquiries to bookings......
You just feel that way[and I do understand....because its sods law :( ....]
Look on the bright side :wink: ...your place is getting enquiries :wink: [which means that your websites are getting found :wink: :wink: ]
whereas by the sound of it some others are not...so once the works done and the house looks even better.. you will be flying :) :lol: .

Image...Have a Hug...
mon269

Post by mon269 »

Thanks for the support Rab, I will keep you posted once the work starts… due in 3 and half weeks.
Ros wrote: ...but talking realistically maybe they wouldnt all have actually booked...
Too right, but you can’t help wondering.
Ros wrote: what is you percentage of enquiries to bookings......
Actually, very very low, about 9.5% but that’s misleading. We have received a big number of enquiries for the Easter week and some weekends when they were already booked.

On the bright side, I’ve just received a response to an enquiry for a week in August. They want to book it. :P Off to send the contract.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Mon :) ..

Good news about the booking..Glad about that :wink:
Take Care xx
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Mon,

You're right not to take the booking but dont tell the builder. the best thing you can do is let him think there is a booking. It may help to keep him on time or at least keep the pressure up.
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Clexane wrote:Mon,

You're right not to take the booking but dont tell the builder. the best thing you can do is let him think there is a booking. It may help to keep him on time or at least keep the pressure up.
A really good idea, great advice, Clexane...
mon269

Post by mon269 »

Clexane wrote: the best thing you can do is let him think there is a booking. It may help to keep him on time or at least keep the pressure up.
I like your style :!: :P That’s a defo. Thanks.
mon269

Post by mon269 »

Back from rainy Spain and the work has started. It is a good think that I did not accept the booking for the last weekend of April, or any of the other 5 enquiries for that week. Whilst on site, we told the builders to do a couple of extra jobs that would not have completed in time. We did tell them that we have a booking for the week after (we don’t). :wink:

I’m very impressed with the progress. Within half a day, the whole ceiling was down, the wooden beams clean and drilling of the floor had started. When we left only 2 days later, half the floor was at the right depth. These guys don’t seem to mess around. Let’s hope it continues at this rate and everything will be finished next week.