web site review

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Ira

web site review

Post by Ira »

We made a new web site a week ago.
Please could you review it suggestions are welcome.
www.villa-pape.com
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

I like it, loads of information...but whatever is supposed to be at the top of the page never materialised. On the accommodation page I would like to see photos of the rooms etc,

M
jdabney

Post by jdabney »

Bit confused here! "You never know...." what? and "Spring in the ....." what? etc

Also those changing images, probably using Java script are anathema to search engines however nice they look
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

it looks good to me.

But to be friendly to google, you should think about using more text on the front page.

The content should match the meta tags and title in the code as much as possible :

<title>Croatia Trogir accommodation apartment self catering bed breakfast</title>
<meta name="Description" content="Croatia shuttle rent a car boat bed breakfast cruising middle Dalmatia Trogir vacation rental self catering properties with apartments room bed breakfast typ accommodation, holidays vacation rentals">
<meta name="Keywords" content="Croatia,Trogir, shuttle, rent a car, boat, bed, breakfast, cruisingDalmatia, Ciovo, apartments, apartment, room, self catering, rent apartment, bed breakfast, b&b, suite accommodation, Europe, lodge, vacation rental, board lodging, summer vacation, holiday, leisure, holidays, travel, lodging, holiday, vacation rentals">

The moving photos are in flash, which is not easily penetrated by the search engines.

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Lots of information, and some nice piccies, Ira...
In the photo gallery section, would it be possible to move the Villa PaPe selection to the top of the list? That's what I wanted to see first of all, but it only came several positions down the list.

Peter, you SEO expert, you! Any time you find yourself twiddling your thumbs with nothing to do, please know that your Meta tag suggestions for Your French Island Escape will be put to good use. :wink: :D
neohiro

Post by neohiro »

I like it! Looks so good!
Nice and easy to navigate! :D
Bye
neohiro :D
casale-acquasparta
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

I think it looks gorgeous! The photos are beautiful and you have lots of interesting information. I particularly liked all the local info - Croatia is still a new tourist destination so that's a good way to hook the hesitant travellers.

The only query I would have - and I had to go looking for something :wink: - is that I couldn't see any availability calendars. Maybe you don't want to have any, which is fine. Just wondering if I was missing them.

Well done!

Elaine
Lounging on the lily pad...
Adam Apple

Post by Adam Apple »

I would have to disagree with many of the comments. The home page looks very untidy to me - you don't really know where to look first, and it can be a bit overwhelming.
anotherleo

Post by anotherleo »

Ditto, the above post .
and there is too much "going on " in every page

hope this helps.
"Five out of four people don't understand arithmetic"
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Hi Ira,

Following the last two recent comments I had another look - you've changed the website again since you first posted! And I have to agree that it's now a bit too busy...

GF
Lounging on the lily pad...
net net

review

Post by net net »

Hi Ira,

I must admit I got a bit dizzy trying to keep up with everything that was going on.
It seems very very busy.
http://www.alvorge.net

Ontem é história,
Amanhã é um mistério,
Hoje é um dom,
Uma vez que é chamado de presentes
cottageguru

Post by cottageguru »

A minor point but on the accommodation page you spell dining incorrectly in several places.
Heather

Vacation Rental Success Podcast
www.cottageblogger.com
www.twitter.com/cottageguru