Int'l Rental Reservation Request - Travel Agent

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
tmiski

Int'l Rental Reservation Request - Travel Agent

Post by tmiski »

This is the inquiry I recieved last week. At first glance I thought it was for a real client but after reading this forum, I'm fairly certain it's a scam. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ted

p.s. I'm new to this fourm, great site!!!!!

--------------------------------

Dear Ted,

Aline Tumbuan Lovium has sent the following inquiry about property number 153645 in Gilbert.

http://www.homeaway.com/USA/Arizona/vac ... 153645.htm

To reply to this inquiry, simply call the phone number contained in the inquiry or reply to this e-mail.

Order Summary
Name: Aline Tumbuan Lovium
Email: alinevr@mailingaddress.org
Phone #: + 1 768967868798655
Arrival date: 07/10/2007
Departure date: 07/30/2007
Total # in party: 4-5 (including children)
No of children:
Further info: Do you accept major credit cards payment unless paypal and provide shuttle service from the airport to the home? Please contact me by email for detail arrangements.
Last edited by tmiski on Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."
tmiski

Post by tmiski »

This is the follow up thread....

Ted

--------------------------------------------------------
Dear Ted,

It is fine with your date availability. Before I do the reservation arrangement, I have some questions here. This is about international reservation, that the home will be use in July, 2007. The arrival-departure date is 10 until 30 (20 consecutive nights). Do you accept major credit card for the payment? Do I get the commission for this recommendation from you? If yes, I propose you higher 11% commission on the total amount of the stay as any b&bs/inns/hotels/ranch normally give 10% commission to travel agents. And I have bad phone connection when I tried to call you.

The group is all adults and there are no children. They are two couples (4 person), about 45-55 years old. Please recalculate the total payment with your best price include tax, deposit & cleaning service also my 11% commission will be. We are running an authorized and the most trustworthy travel and guide agent Denpasar, Bali Island, ID.

Best Regards,
Aline Tumbuan Lovium

President of COQ Vacation Rental and Travel Agent
Jl Ubud 1001 Denpasar 80122
Bali Island, ID
+62-81804-064399

Travel Agency specializing in vacation rentals
** Better Business Gold Star Award Members **

PS. If you could serve airport-pick up. Please let me know the additional cost.

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:53:21 -0400, "Ted" <tmiski@gmail.com> said:
> Hello Aline,
>
> Good morning. The property is available during the dates you've
> requested. Yes, I can also accept major credit cards via paypal, and
> airport pick up or drop off can be provided for $45.
Last edited by tmiski on Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."
tmiski

Post by tmiski »

and more....

------------------------------
Dear Ted ,

I apologize my clients cannot use Paypal as their payment methode. He has tried several times to use Paypal before and we find that not all state contained by Paypal inclusive of my client country (Japan), as well as me have read a site narrating negative facet of Paypal, you earn to see in ww.nopaypal.com. We hope to assist us in this case, such as my email previously, if you do not own the facility, possible your friend, or your relative can do it, you can help to them to charge my client's credit card. My clients will pay for all expense, and likely this is best method that we which can do. I look forward to hearing that from you soon.

All the best,
Aline
Last edited by tmiski on Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tmiski

Post by tmiski »

And more.... I like the bit about the old-fashioned Balinese traditional travel agent, nice touch :lol:

-------------------------------------------------
Dear Ted,

Thanks for your rapid and kind reply. I have called my client to discuss the rooms options, rate and its facilities. I also xplained them this would be non-refundable funds when they'll make any cancellation. As I wrote in my previous email, they will pay you fully (100% deposit in advance). So there's no need to balance to rest payment in cash when they are coming. Reason for the visit is pleasure, tourism and do business there. He want to pay 100% deposit in advance to any reservations I am looking for, not just 30-50% payment in advance. So there's no need to balance the remainder upon their arrival. I also explained them this would be non-refundable funds when they'll make any cancellation for doing 100% payment in advance.

And about the commission, in purpose my client will pay you the entire balance before arriving. I think it's fair enough to send us the 11% referral commission after the total payment has been fulfilled (appears on your account bank). Please let me know if this sound workable with you then we will do our best to make our client reservation only with you. Thank you again for depending to do business with us. Once again, I look forward to a successful, summarily and righteously relationship with you.

Kindest Regards,
Aline

PS. As the old-fashioned Balinese traditional travel agent, we have limited contract with any credit card merchants but now our credit card processing system is being revised and upgrade. It will take three-four business weeks ready to install. And my client want to give me his credit card for the payment. That's way I can not directly deduct my commission from my client and remit the balance to you. I hope you could understand us.
Last edited by tmiski on Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Blatant scam!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

(appears on your account bank) Screams of stolen credit cards..............no mission like dodgy commission.

PS welcome to LMH.
Cheers
PC
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

scam! he wants the 11 per cent directly from you.... and then the credit card payments won't be honoured by the bank.

I like that he wants a shuttle service from the airport too!!
Lounging on the lily pad...