Time wasters AAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

WhaaaaaT …. Double WhaaaaaT?
Treble WhaaaaaT? WhaaaaaT now?
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Alan Knighting wrote: I know that a lot of that time will be “wasted� time but, like the shop assistant, I know that’s part of the game of getting a sale.
Hi Donna,

Alan's right, of course, it is part of the game...BUT that doesn't make it any the less frustrating. Like you, I'm at a loss to understand why people can't dash off even just a quick one-liner to let you know where you stand. Having made an enquiry - possibly with copious questions - that is surely not too much to ask? Sadly, it would appear so in some cases.

Well, I know I always appreciate a little 'tea and sympathy' from the LMH gang, so you have mine, and oodles of it :D

Fingers crossed for the Spanish exam...
La Vache wrote: I had one particularly brusque enquiry from someone this week with the comments simply 'How much' I e-mailed them back with the words 'fully booked', no more
Brilliant. I love it, and am sorely tempted to use it on the next brusque enquiry that comes my way :lol:
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

I just love the idea of Fluffy rowing a cabbage .... up whatever river.

The other side of the spectrum is those folk who you do take time with and refer to other cottages if you're already booked and then they come back and tell you who that they've booked with one of your recommendations. A bit of a long-winded sentence but hopefully you know what I mean .... it's good for a free beer in the pub when you bump into the cottage owner :lol:
Donna P

Timewasters

Post by Donna P »

Thanks Chums for finding the time to reply to my post, some useful snippets there. And to darling Fluffy, thank you also for your words of wisdom that can obviously only come with age. :wink:
Donna xxx
"Stop the world I want to get off"
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Hi Donna, have oodles of sympathy from me too because I am getting totally fed up with it. I spent ages on the phone last month with a woman, sent her extra details, 2 possible dates were muted and then after 2 days....nothing.....e-mailed her to get the reply 'oh sorry, we decided we wanted half term after all, didn't I get back to you ?' Virtually the same thing this weekend, so when I got an enquiry today for a 'late deal price' for Easter, I'm sorry to say I reached for the phone with my slight discount in mind (probably won't get Easter booked now anyway) and then thought....buggar it...so short e-mail instead with a pro rata price plus a bit extra seeing as she expects a discount :evil:

I can honestly say that the people who have booked in my humble experience so far have been the ones I have had to spend the least amount of time on. Apart from that I just felt like being bloody minded for a change and seeing as I'm 46 in the morning it's my perogative, so ner ner ni ner ner :P
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Alan....

I can see by tone of your post[and language] that youve been offended :o ....
I dont think youre stupid :shock: [far from it...] and if I gave that impression[it truly wasnt meant]...I apologise...
I look forward to our debates and the fact that we dont always agree....I think thats what keeps Forums healthy[and interesting]
But have always thought there was a degree of respect in each others viewpoint.
So if I offended you ..Im sorry
Treble WhaaaaaT? WhaaaaaT now?
What Four :?: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

seeing as I'm 46 in the morning
You kept that quiet Party...46 Eh...just a baby.....

I will resume this in the Chatterbox club...... :wink:

BTW Good Luck with your Spanish exam Donna :wink:
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I get loads of time wasters but had a shock last week........

Got an enquiry off my website, said 'I want to book ID? for three weeks from xxx'

I thought what no questions? No is it free, how much is it, is there a discount? Is there a hairdryer/juice mixer/cereal bowl thats deeper than the norm?? (Yes have had that question!)

So I just replied equally as promptly with the contract and advising where to send the cheque too

cheque arrived two days later

Now thats the kind of punter I like!!
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

So, how deep are your cereal bowls, Meishka? Will obviously have to start measuring ours!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Meiska..

Congrats on the booking..good for you :wink:
So, how deep are your cereal bowls
Ive sussed this out :wink:
...sinister Music...........
They want to know how deep the bowls are.......
so they can be sure that they can 'drown' theyre weetabix/Bran Flakes...etc.....wait for it.....

Youve got it...theyre Cereal Killers :wink: :roll: :lol:

[well it is still early :roll: ]
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Ros wrote: Youve got it...theyre Cereal Killers :wink: :roll: :lol:
[well it is still early :roll: ]
Ros strikes again! :lol: And on top form for this early hour (late for you, actually, Ros?!)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Tis a bit Wabbitt..

Be having my supper soon :roll: :lol:
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

LOL !! :lol: :lol:
I think I've discovered that the less time I spend with a potential guest the more likely they are to book, ( or is it just me ?? :? ). I've had a few just book, no questions at all,cheque straight in the post. The ones that ask loads of questions generally don't book ! I did have one who asked a lot of questions and did book but she turned out to be my ONLY guest that I wouldn't have again ! She even rang me to know where the BBQ charcoal was ? This is self catering we're talking about ! I directed her to the nearest shop :wink:
Donna P

time wasters

Post by Donna P »

OOHH!! Ros, ever thought of writing a two part cereal for the TV !
Morning all
Donna x
(I'm off to a really bad start this morning, I washed the kids uniform last night and forgot to put it in the tumbler, they have to be at school in 10 mins ooppss! CUE THE HAIRDRYER)
"Stop the world I want to get off"
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Fraise wrote:
... the less time I spend with a potential guest the more likely they are to book, ( or is it just me ?? )
Fraise, I'd imagine it's pretty universal because these are the guys who've made up their minds. The diamond geezers. They are going on holiday, they know where they want to be, they've taken the trouble to read what's written on your website, they've approved the cereal bowl depth and they want to book with you before somebody else grabs their slot.

The rest are a mixed bag. They might book with you but, then again, they might not. They might not even have decided whether they are going on holiday. They always ask fifty complex questions to allay their darkest fears that you're not going to murder them in their beds and then say 'I have to talk to my husband' who has fifty more. It's a bit like fishing, sometimes you land the big pike but more often you go hungry.

Awful thing to say but when they've jerked you around for weeks and finally made up their minds, it's such a exquisite pleasure to say ' sorry, somebody's just taken 'your' fortnight'.

Jim
Last edited by Jimbo on Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.