Website Buttons

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Kersh

Website Buttons

Post by Kersh »

Can I have a bit of advice please.

I'm in the process of completely overhauling my website and have decided to do a summer in winter edition.

To make the buttons on my current website I used XP Buttons. I'm far from a techie so programs that write the code and create the buttons for me are a bit of a god-send. I'm ok with meta tags and only just getting to grips with JavaScript! CSS, RSS and the rest may as well be parts for a 747 for all I know. :roll:

Now i'm over hauling my website, I have made some nice blue buttons for the winter edition but the summer edition is proving more problematic. XP Buttons seams to work by using bitmaps for the button and then superimposes whatever text you want on top. It doesn't seam to allow you to create your own colours.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a program that is a bit more flexible and creates decent looking buttons.

Cheers
Kersh
Kersh

Post by Kersh »

Any advice would be great.

Cheers
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I use Paint Shop Pro for graphics. It's far cheaper than Photoshop and still does everything I need, including buttons when necessary.

It has several built-in button functions, so you can choose the color, the font, the size, etc. It does require some practice with the program, but there are tutorials.
Brooke