Booking How do you answer the first inquiry?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
anmar1

Booking How do you answer the first inquiry?

Post by anmar1 »

Hello to everybody,
I am Anna writing from Italy. tuscany where I have to holiday homes, both in the same Area,one is closer to Siena, the other to Arezzo ( 8 units in the whole). Until last year, in answering the inquiry I received, i follow the advice of Paolo. Now I am wondering if the answer is too long, i have the feeling people do not read it all, so I ask you all... how do you answer to the first inquiry you get from a possible guest?

Can you help me?

you can visit our homes at:www.borgosantamaria.com and www.borgorosa.com ( anyway they are linked)

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance:
grazie
Anna
Donna P

booking answer

Post by Donna P »

Hi Anna
I did'nt see Paolo's advice so I can't comment on that, however, bear in mind that he is an expert and is always booked, so If I was you I would'nt stray to far from his advice.
Best Wishes
Donna x
(prehaps you could pm me with Paolo's advice. I would like to gleam some hints and tips from it, thanks hun)
"Stop the world I want to get off"
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

how do you answer to the first inquiry you get from a possible guest?
How does one respond to an enquiry? How long is a piece of string? The proverbial 50 gay pastors from Nigeria don’t get much of a response, if any, from me but what do the others get?

They get an immediate and positive response even if it is positively negative (e.g. that week is booked) and, if it is positively negative, they get an offer of help in finding what they are looking for.

I try never to forget that there are two sides to every coin. The two sides of this coin are the property owner trying to sell a week and the holiday guest trying to find somewhere for his/her family.

Fluffy
mon269

Post by mon269 »

I’ve had to read your response twice Alan, the first time it did not make any sense at all :shock: , the second time it gave me a whole lot of good information :o . Very helpful. Thanks for sharing and if you don’t mind I will try and apply a couple of your ideas.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Anna....

I answer promptly and say if the prop is available or not if its not I offer alternative dates ....If it is I tell them the price per week .....and answer questions they have asked...
I also send another website that has more info on...and ask them to let me know if i can help with any other queries....

Let me know if you have any other questions I will be pleased to try and help... :wink: Take Care
fibi

Post by fibi »

The only thing that I would add to this excellent advice is in the last line suggest what you would like them to do next e.g I hope to hear from you soon or please don't hestitate to get in touch if you have any questions or would like to book

The last line is the one they remember...
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
mon269

Post by mon269 »

I forgot to say what I answer on my previous post.

I answer as soon as possible telling them if the house is available or not for the dates they requested. I make sure I indicate the dates in case they typed the wrong dates.

Unfortunately I have not been giving positive negatives, but I’ll nick Alan’s idea there :roll: . Because we only have low and high season prices and we know they are quite low, I always tell them what the price would be. If we are booked I tell them that the price would be the same if they decided to change their dates.

I answer any particular questions, refer them to our web site and offer to answer any other questions they may have.

I try not to be too formal, but always with good manners, avoiding anything that may be misread or misunderstood.

Mind you, with a 10% bookings to enquiries, I’m not sure you should follow my advice :oops: .

I hope this helps.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Donna.. :) .

Sorry :wink: i meant to answer your query as well
This Forum is only part of Paolos great Website

If you click on the Lay My Hat Square on the left of the screen you will get to the home page with lots of great advice....

There are lots of headings including turning enquiries into bookings
http://www.laymyhat.com/newsletters/new ... 3.htm#tips

...hope this helps Ros :)
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I answer any questions they may have, and them tell them to let me know if they are still interested and I will send them a booking form. The booking form tells them that when they send it back to me they need to also send a 25% deposit in order to reserve the apartment.

Is that what you wanted to know?

Regards,

Pauline
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Fil

Post by Fil »

Will try to reply as soon as possible. If available will confirm price and dates, repeat payment and cancelation policies published and ask for personal information from guests. Answer to questions even if I have no availability if I can be of help. Sugest another property in the area if enquiry is interesting from owner point of view and I know the other owner / owners are receptive.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I just give the basics, confirm availability, if available confirm rental, answer any other specific questions which have been asked, then 'please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like any further information etc.'
I never send a booking form/rental terms and conditions to an initial enquiry, I wait for them to come back (sometimes this takes a few days) then do this.
I always respond quickly, although not immediately the enquiry lands in my inbox (don't want to seem too desperate) and often get thanked for a prompt response. I'm staggered that there are rental property owners who don't reply quickly to enquiries, even if their property is booked (after all, there is always next year...)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Susan :)
I'm staggered that there are rental property owners who don't reply quickly to enquiries, even if their property is booked (after all, there is always next year...)
I am too Susan but hopefully it helps the ones that do :wink: ...
Im thinking about what you said about seeming desperate though :oops: ...

Its just that i always seem to be at my computer[cant imagine what Im doing :roll: :oops: ...] and cant resist answering straight away....... :roll:

BTW
You should Always put your property website No so that the enquirer is sure which prop your referring to as they have probably enquired on quite a few. :wink: ...

Also what you are saying about next year is true as well :wink: as Ive had many bookings from people whove been unsuccesful the previous year...... :)
Stu

Post by Stu »

Like others have said, speed is of the essence. People will feel important, and special if you reply quickly to them, take the time to tailor your response to their needs. Take the time to answer all of their questions as fully and as honestly as you can.
Be 'semi-personal' on the first reply, signing off with your full name(s), then when the 'relationship' develops, use christian names only. That way, the guest feels as if they're getting to know you, and feel comforted by that.
I've cut n pasted a typical first response from me to a potential guest, that I received just an hour ago. She's now e-mailed again with a couple more questions, remarking that 'it was so refreshing to receive such a fast response, thankyou.'

Hi Mary,

many thanks for your enquiry, Syb & I truly appreciate it. October's a really lovely time to visit the Loire. The autumn colours are in full, spectacular swing and there's mile upon mile of lovely country walks to be had in relative safety. The chateaux and caves aren't as full with holidaymakers, and the weather's usually quite kind too.

Heron, our 2-bedroomed family gite is available for the week commencing October 6th and would be €XXX for the week. That price includes electricity and gas for normal domestic use, all bedding and tea towels. We don't supply hand or bath towels but can hire you a towel bale for the week for €XX should you wish to save some luggage space in the car.

Heron's a really spacious ground-floor gite with everything you need to ensure a great stay. It's been converted from what was an old stable and caves (storage rooms), and so retains many of the old features such as the oak beams, and stonework on the facade. There's a large double bedroom with a really comfortable bed, as well as a twin room with two single beds. The lounge has a clic-clac bed-settee which can be used to accommodate extra guests if needed. The bathroom again is very big with a toilet, basin and a bath with shower over. The kitchen has everything you'll need for creating anything from a 5-course gourmet meal to scrambled eggs on toast! For your entertainment, there's a TV with Freeview UK stations, as well as a DVD player and a large selection of movies suited to all tastes. There's a selection of board games as well as a library of books to choose from. Patio furniture is provided as is a charcoal BBQ if you fancy an al-fresco meal. To keep the chill off on the autumn evenings, there's a wood burner in the large lounge, in addition to the wall-mounted electric radiators in the bedrooms as well as the lounge. All of which makes for a very comfortable, warm atmosphere.

We hope that answers some of your questions, but if you need more info, please feel free to have a look at our website (just click on the link in our signature below) or why not give us a call on 0033 241 67 09 78? We're usually around to have a chat and try to answer all e-mails as quickly as possible. Booking is straightforward, comprising of returning a Booking Form e-mailed to you along with a sterling cheque as deposit to secure your accommodation. Simple!

Thanks again for your interest in escaping to Le Chant d'Oiseau, and we hope to hear from you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Stu & Syb Bradley.
www.loire-gites.com

It seems to work for us, with 35 weeks booked this year so far, and the campsite full both for this summer & 2008. Hope it helps.
Ju

Post by Ju »

La Vache wrote: I always respond quickly, although not immediately the enquiry lands in my inbox (don't want to seem too desperate)
I disagree - if I happen to be at the computer when an enquiry comes in I respond immediately. I work on the basis that often people are only at their computer for half an hour in the evening, and my not log on angain until the following evening. If I respond immediately they will probably read my response straight away, if I wait, even 30 mins, then they may not get round to reading it until the next day when they may have several other responses from different properties.

I don't do the full speil like stu. If they have sent me a mail then they have already seen an advert somewhere, or the website.

I start with a reponse to the dates first and foremost, then answer any questions they might have. I always put the website link in as sometimes they have come through other adverts. If we can't do their dates I offer alternative dates or properties.

I finish with a line stating what to do if they want to make a booking and a "if you have any further question please do not hesitate to contact us".
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

I always respond quickly, although not immediately the enquiry lands in my inbox (don't want to seem too desperate)
I too am not sure about this either. I try to see things from the enquirer’s point of view. I think he/she wants to get on with the holiday booking as quickly as possible. I don’t think my hypothetical “desperation� is a factor in this.

Fluffy