Booking How do you answer the first inquiry?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Language is very subtle, isn't it, and it's difficult to pick up all the nuances. I often wonder what dreadful blunders I make when I wrestle with another language.

Pauline
Your right Pauline....I wrestled with another Language and it won Hands Down :!:

I still worry about the fopars [im sure thats not right but if it isnt its a good example :roll: ]
I make in English...
Those of you who are using other Languages have my upmost respect...and what is nice is that we dont get picked up about spelling etc...as Im sure if we did it would put the shyer people amongst us off posting and that would be a shame...
As we all have something to contribute and this Forum would be a Lesser Place if those people didnt post

[not me then... oh nosiree :wink: ]Though someone was have trouble with dyslexia the other day and I did think it was slightly Ironic.... :roll:
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Ros,

Who would dare pick you up about any of your fopars? (love it!!)

You are an urban poet, and poets are allowed a lot of licence. :wink:

xx Rab
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

You are an urban poet
OOhh Im a poet and didnt know it :wink: [which sorta goes to prove it I spose......]
I will miss all you forumers...you all make me smile..but you are a naughty wabbitt....firstly making me go offtopico..and seconldy as I told ya ..you should be hiding Easter Eggs and other Bunny like easterish things and not chit chatting to the likes of me[who should be packing :!: ] :wink: :lol: :lol:

OOhh missed this earlier...Hope your not a Hot :oops: Cross :evil: Bunny :wink: :lol: :lol:
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Ros wrote:
I still worry about the fopars [im sure thats not right but if it isnt its a good example :roll: ]
:
Of course, fopars (great!) aren't English at all, they are French (faux pas). I'm not sure whether the French use the term or whether it was created in England. We are good at picking up foreign words - bungalow, guru, rucksack - I think because we have taken in so many people over the years, there isn't such a thing as pure English, it disappeared sometime before the Vikings first traded (in between rape and pillage).

John
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi John...
We are good at picking up foreign words - bungalow, guru, rucksack -
Well I bow to your greater knowledge... :wink: But i can catergorically state that ive never picked up a Bungalow or a Guru.....

but a Rucksack well thats another matter :wink: :roll: :lol:

Take care Have a Nice easter....xx
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

From my current experience..... We are wanting to rent a cottage for a few days in June. I have found loads in a suitable location, all showing availability. I have emailed several of them, and have not received a reply from any of them. Some I emailed this morning, but the first bunch were on Thursday. I think one of them had an online booking facility, but I did need to ask them a question, so didn't use it. I may go back to it, and do so though.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

I check my email at least twice a day so that I can respond to enquiries asap.

Last year one of my guests told me they picked us because we were the first to reply.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I think 24 hours is a reasonable time to respond, although I do tend to be much quicker than that.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Even when we had dial-up, I'd check e-mails at least every hour (especially in busy booking periods) and now we have ADSL, I leave it on all the time and respond to most enquiries within the hour. It's easy enough to check as I'm walking past.
anmar1

answer

Post by anmar1 »

Ciapolin wrote:I check my email at least twice a day so that I can respond to enquiries asap.

Last year one of my guests told me they picked us because we were the first to reply.
Hello to you all,
my pc is always on, and now that I am out of the "vineyards" ( for sure I cannot say out of town.....) I have my lap top with me...
I agree with all who say e mails must be answered ASAP, there is always some one faster then we are!!!!

and plese do not worry about the false friends or the "faux pas"
everybody make them, I never make fun of people who ask me ...something strange in italian , I try my best to answer,,, hoping that when it happens to me( in another language) someone will do the same.
Anna